Sign in to follow this  
Rich_R

Config File Questions

I've searched and googled but can't find the answers to the following questions;

How do I get the units to appear under the OpFor? Am I wrong with the side choice?

What is the purpose of the 'scope=2' line?

Is there anything resource for the creation of config files?

Thanks in anticipation

class CfgPatches
{
class YEDA
{
	version = 2.0;
	units[] = {"yed_SoldierTL_F","yed_Soldier01_F","yed_Soldier02_F","yed_Soldier03_F","yed_Soldier04_F","yed_Soldier05_F","yed_Soldier06_F","yed_Soldier07_F","yed_inf_hel","yed_CombatUniform_plain","yed_vest01","yed_vest02"};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {};
};
};
class cfgFactionClasses
{
class YEDA
{
	displayName = "Yedinama";
	priority = 2;
	side = 0;
	icon = "\YED\ico\cfgFactionClasses_BIH_ca.paa";

};
};
class CfgVehicleClasses
{
class YEDA
{
	displayName = "Infantry";
};

};

class CfgVehicles {

class SoldierEB;
class I_Soldier_TL_F;
class I_Soldier_base_F;
class I_Soldier_GL_F;
class I_Soldier_AR_F;
class I_Soldier_AT_F;
class I_Soldier_AA_F;
class Bag_Base;

class yed_SoldierTL_F : I_Soldier_TL_F {
	author = "Rich";
	_generalMacro = "yed_SoldierTL_F";
	identityTypes[] = {"LanguageGRE_F", "Head_Greek", "G_NATO_default"};
	scope = 2;
	faction = "Yeda";
	vehicleClass = "Yeda";
	genericnames = "BosnianMen";
	displayName = "Team Leader";
	nakedUniform = "U_BasicBody"; //class for "naked" body
	uniformClass = "yed_CombatUniform_plain"; //the uniform item
	model = "\A3\Characters_F_Beta\INDEP\ia_soldier_01";
	hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo"};
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\YED\data\uniform01_co.paa"};
	Weapons[] = {"arifle_Katiba_GL_ACO_F", "Put", "Throw"};
	respawnWeapons[] = {"arifle_Katiba_GL_ACO_F", "Put", "Throw"};
	Magazines[] = {"30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "SmokeShell","SmokeShell","HandGrenade", "HandGrenade","HandGrenade", "HandGrenade","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell"};
	respawnMagazines[] = {"30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", "SmokeShell","SmokeShell","HandGrenade", "HandGrenade","HandGrenade", "HandGrenade","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell"};
	LinkedItems[] = {"yed_vest01","yed_inf_hel","ItemMap", "ItemCompass", "ItemWatch", "ItemRadio", "FirstAidKit"};
	respawnLinkedItems[] = {"yed_vest01", "yed_inf_hel","ItemMap", "ItemCompass", "ItemWatch", "ItemRadio", "FirstAidKit"};

};

You are inheriting from an independant unit(I_Soldier_TL_F) which has side = 2;, you need to add side = 0; to you unit.

scope = 2; - Class is visible in the editor menu.

scope = 1; - Class is not visible in the editor menu but usable ingame.

scope = 0; - Class is not visible in the editor menu or usable ingame, can only be inherited from.

Edited by surpher

Awesome, so I need to add side = 0 to each unit as well as stating the side for the faction?

Thanks for the quick response!

Awesome, so I need to add side = 0 to each unit as well as stating the side for the faction?

Yes, if the unit class you are inheriting from has the wrong side defined you will to define the new side, same goes for the faction. If you were to inherit from your yed_SoldierTL_F class then you would not need to add them.

Worked like a charm...thanks!

Another question about the config.cpp...

Is there any way to stop the game from putting sunglasses or other eyewear on units?

Thanks in advance.

Awesome...thank you again;)