Sign in to follow this  
TenBensons

ArmA 2 wont update to 1.11 "The system could not find the file specified"

Im having problem with A2 patch 1.05-1.11. Whenever I try to update it extracts to 99% then gives the error "The system could not find the file specified".

If I use the 1.62 CO patch it verifies that A2 is already at 1.11 and continues to patch the DLC and does not give an error. If I launch A2 then my version is 1.10 not 1.11 as verified by the 1.62 patch.

This also means that I cannot install AoCR or AoCR lite because I need A2 to patch to 1.11. Does anybody know how to resolve this?? Its driving me nuts.

Extra info: This is on a fresh install of the retail dvd version of ArmA X. I have un-installed and re-installed several times to no avail.

Also tried installing from ArmA 2 (2010) DVD patched from 1.0 to 1.9. Still no joy.

Tried running the patch that's included in OA 1.62 seperately via WinRAR. It appears to update with no errors but when I check in-game, version is still 1.9.

I have tried the patches from the officia website and several from other sites. None have worked.

More info: When I tried with the ArmA X dvd I installed the games together to make a Combined ops folder, But with the 2010 DVD I made them separate installs.

Even more: If I try executing the 1.05-1.11 patch, or the one embedded in the 1.60 CO update using WinRAR I get a "could not complete operation" error.

Workaround (not ideal): So as I have spent time on this I feel as though the official patch is actualy corrupt and is something BIS need to change ASAP. As for a workaround I have been fortunate as I have another computer with a Steam copy of A2 installed and I copied most of the files/folders (all the folders except DirectX & Battle eye, ArmA.exe and the ijl5.dll) and everything seems to be ok, AoCR has installed and my A2 is now showing ver 1.11. Like I said this is not ideal as I was luck to have access to a Steam library with A2 installed.

Edited by Ten Bensons
added extra info