Sign in to follow this  
second_draw

James bond

being a solid bond fan. I felt it necessary to post this link to inform everyone. I can't wait, it has halle berry in it too! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (second_draw @ Sep. 06 2002,11:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can't wait, it has halle berry in it too! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Guess who else?

I'll pass. Bond movies lost their charm a long time ago. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Sep. 06 2002,10:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (second_draw @ Sep. 06 2002,11:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can't wait, it has halle berry in it too! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Guess who else?

I'll pass. Bond movies lost their charm a long time ago. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well I don't know they seem to go in the wrong direction.

Hell where is my no one lives for ever disc?

they seem to be loosing it. Sean Connery did wonderful job, but time has passed for Bond.

and why the hell is there a Beretta on top? shouldn't it be P99?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Sep. 06 2002,19:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bond never used a P99...<span id='postcolor'>

Of course he did. He replaced his PPK for a P99 in Tomorrow Never Dies. The P99 is his new official weapon.

p99.jpg

image13_small.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 06 2002,11:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Sep. 06 2002,19:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bond never used a P99...<span id='postcolor'>

Of course he did. He replaced his PPK for a P99 in Tomorrow Never Dies. The P99 is his new official weapon.

p99.jpg

image13_small.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Crap, I'm living in the past. I keep thinking classic Bond.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 06 2002,20:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">denoir, did you get P99 after watching Bond?  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No, but the funny thing is that the two guns I own are a PPK and a P99 smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 06 2002,20:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 06 2002,20:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">denoir, did you get P99 after watching Bond?  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No, but the funny thing is that the two guns I own are a PPK and a P99 smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

subconscious decision! biggrin.gif

anyway back on topic, i think bond is loosing its steam...but can't pinpoint why. in classic bond, they seem to have more of charisma...both Bond and his nemesis. but new ones...lack that...... sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 06 2002,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">anyway back on topic, i think bond is loosing its steam...but can't pinpoint why. in classic bond, they seem to have more of  charisma...both Bond and his nemesis. but new ones...lack that...... sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I think it's the fact that we've allready seen it a million times, there are too many chichés, and there's nothing new to it anymore. It's kind of like what happens to the genepool when you inbreed. The best "Bond-type" films in the past few years, are IMHO the Austin Powers movies. At least they make the old clichés funny.

Part of the problem is certainly the dependence on special effects and CGI, and neglecting the plot. Most of the stuff coming from Hollywood these days certainly falls into that trap.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Sep. 06 2002,15:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Part of the problem is certainly the dependence on special effects and CGI, and neglecting the plot. Most of the stuff coming from Hollywood these days certainly falls into that trap.<span id='postcolor'>

*cough* xXx *cough*

-=Die Alive=-

How about Eddie Murphy's "The Adventures of Pluto Nash"?

Warner Bros. realized the movie was so bad that they didn't have a press screening for it, hoping to postpone the release of bad reviews until after the weekend opening of the movie.

It cost over $100,000,000 to make, and took in somewhere around $3,000,000 at the box office. With any luck, that paid for the catering bill during production.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Sep. 06 2002,22:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It cost over $100,000,000 to make, and took in somewhere around $3,000,000 at the box office.<span id='postcolor'>

3 mil? that's still a lot for a dumb movie. confused.gif

Scenes from the Latest Bond movie have been stolen from the Novel Ice Station... or at least it appears that way, right down to the sling-shot maneuver of the hovercraft.

Bond has lost its charm since Flemming stopped writing them.

Funny. I dont see bond losing any steam at all. I think the new ones add more life to the classic ones. I see them keeping the old style alive perfectly.

Take the begining of The World Is Not Enough. Him in the bank getting frisked, and the manager on the other side of the desk turns slowly with a cigar in one hand and an evil, condescending look on his face ".....So good of you to come see me, Mr Bond..."

And you are right, they're not making them how they used to. Goldeneye did a TON of new things, added a whole bunch of new elements, but it was still Bond in all his glory. They stick to a style for sure, but not a formula, which is good. Sticking to something specific just makes you predictible. You have to reinvent sometime. The only thing i dont like about the up and comers is the lack of Desmond Llewelyn, but that one was kind of out of our hands sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 07 2002,00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Sep. 06 2002,22:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It cost over $100,000,000 to make, and took in somewhere around $3,000,000 at the box office.<span id='postcolor'>

3 mil? that's still a lot for a dumb movie. confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

250 million people in America, 8 bucks a ticket (roughly), 3 million bucks made

equals (busts out with mad long division skillz)

375,000 tickets sold.

I contributed to this, because Signs was sold out, and since there wasnt anything else decent playing, I bought one for Eddie Murphy and then snuck in to see Signs, as did 4 of my friends  biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 10 2002,13:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">badddddddddd Tex....  biggrin.gif

watch Road to Perdition or My big fat Greek Wedding. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Naaaa, wait for this Friday; Stealing Harvard opens! Tom Green is going to win an Oscar for his brilliant acting in this movie!

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 10 2002,19:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">badddddddddd Tex....  biggrin.gif

watch Road to Perdition or My big fat Greek Wedding. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

watched Road to Perdition (great movie), and MBFGW isnt even playing in our town (Hollywood theaters bought out every single theater in town, so now all they do is release all the new major hollywood releases in one theater, and then trickle them down to the others. fuckers)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Sep. 06 2002,20:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 06 2002,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">anyway back on topic, i think bond is loosing its steam...but can't pinpoint why. in classic bond, they seem to have more of  charisma...both Bond and his nemesis. but new ones...lack that...... sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I think it's the fact that we've allready seen it a million times, there are too many chichés, and there's nothing new to it anymore. It's kind of like what happens to the genepool when you inbreed. The best "Bond-type" films in the past few years, are IMHO the Austin Powers movies. At least they make the old clichés funny.<span id='postcolor'>

but astin powers doesn't make the old joke funny. Same from #2. and guess what, #2 has the same jokes as #1.