Sign in to follow this  
FartParty

I broke launching through steam

so a long time ago i used the in game mod manager to activate a mod which was broken, and now i can't launch a3 through steam

which is fine, i use a launcher so i'm not tripping too hard

but i'm just wondering how to fix the problem so, should i ever want/need to, i can launch the game through steam again

this is the error message i get

zOlVMd.png

Have you tried 'verify integrity of game cache'? Right-click arma 3 in Steam, click Properties and check under Local files.

You might also want to re-install CBA.

Edited by mamasan8

Try Deleting your Arma3.cfg in Documents > Arma 3, here is where all your mods load up upon booting up the game from any launcher. Make sure you remove any mods from your folders prior to doing this though, otherwise when you boot up the game it'll just boot it up with those mods being loaded. Have a fresh vanilla Arma 3 directory with no mods and boot up the game, it'll create another .Cfg file to replace the one you just deleted where NO mods will load up in the .Cfg.

Doing this pretty much cleanses the directory, so in theory it should not give you any errors anymore. Now once you have the game entirely loaded up, close it down and insert your @mod folders and when you boot it up again enable your mods, restart the game and the .Cfg will load those mods the next time it boots up with those mods enabled, but since all the mods should be updated you should not receive this error.

(Keep in mind, if you've altered the .Cfg prior to deleting it at all, you'll have to do it again but it's not too much of an issue). Also, you may have to change a couple graphical settings too, I believe deleting the .Cfg re-enables Vsync, HDR and PIP if you had them disabled/low before.