Sign in to follow this  
TLG11

System slowdown after exiting the game.

So recently I started playing ARMA3 again. But the last few days upon exiting the game the entire system just starts lagging behind in menus, the browser, games. The mouse is fine, but everything else is just slow and laggy. Videos on youtube stutter and games just stutter, too. However some games, like Chivalry, has no issues with this, while games like Star Trek Online does.

There is NO ARMA3 process running after I quit, there is no unusual cpu, gpu or ram activity outside normal after exiting the game.

This issue never occurs unless ARMA3 is started. I have no idea what causes this.

Have you tried exiting steam? Maybe it's buggy :rolleyes:

Download a program like Process Hacker 2 or Process Explorer (free programs) and try to determine what is using resources, could be some IO load somewhere from something.

Have you tried exiting steam? Maybe it's buggy :rolleyes:

Download a program like Process Hacker 2 or Process Explorer (free programs) and try to determine what is using resources, could be some IO load somewhere from something.

I thought about Steam causing it, but haven't tried that yet. From what I see with Core Temp (got several options to view RAM usage, core usage/load), there is no unusual resource use.

This problem still exists. There is no process or anything... Only option is to not actually play the game anymore.

Did you check all processes? You can google them and see if they are microsofts or not, or drivers for hardware etc. Could be you have malware, virus etc. What about BattleEye, is it running? BE.exe I think the process is called. Leave it running while the game is running. It's BIs anti-cheat software.

Always say no to Toolbars and other such junk.

How much ram you got?

8GB. After exiting the game it reverts to the normal 2GB usage.

---------- Post added at 08:33 ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 ----------

Did you check all processes? You can google them and see if they are microsofts or not, or drivers for hardware etc. Could be you have malware, virus etc. What about BattleEye, is it running? BE.exe I think the process is called. Leave it running while the game is running. It's BIs anti-cheat software.

Always say no to Toolbars and other such junk.

I checked most of the processes. Nothing took any significant amount of resources. No process that could be tied with Bohemia or the game. On the topic of malware and viruses I'm pretty sure I'm clean. I'm not exactly new to computers and I know how to avoid the bad stuff. Malwarebytes and Avast helps too.