Sign in to follow this  
_qor

How to add ingame menu?

I'd like to have a ingame menu, e.g. for chosing backpacks or recruit units.

I have seen those with a simple appearance on some servers.

Do I need a big know-how of scripting to create my own? Perhaps there are templates to use?!

I don't have arma2 installed atm. Never the less I made an AI Recruitment Dialog example in A3. I didn't include too much, so you should be able to see how I've done things fairly quickly.

It should work fine for Arma2. If it doesn't and you can't solve the issue(s) that may arise, just post the issue(s) here or pm me.

Regards,

Iceman77

---------- Post added at 06:01 ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 ----------

Okay, so I was just thinking and you will for sure need to change the background colors of the controls because I doubt the RGB variables exist in Arma2, to set the color to what the player has saved on his/her profile.

I call the fn_AiUiInit.sqf script via addAction, but apparently there are some files A2 doesnt have?!

Edited by _qoR

You can use UIE (User Interfrace Editor). If you want to use your menu in your MP mission, you must save config in .hpp file and define it in description.ext:

#include "folder\LUKI_primMenu.hpp"

I call the fn_AiUiInit.sqf script via addAction, but apparently there are some files A2 doesnt have?!

Blasted! You don't have Arma3 by chance? Atleast you can check it out it's functionality that way. If not then we'll have to get it working for Arma2. Redo how backGround colors are defined. Atm, background colors are defined based on the UI colors in the users profile. This isn't an option in Arma2 so you'll need to define a static color.

Change all

colorBackground[] = {"(profilenamespace getvariable ['GUI_BCG_RGB_R',0.69])","(profilenamespace getvariable ['GUI_BCG_RGB_G',0.75])","(profilenamespace getvariable ['GUI_BCG_RGB_B',0.5])",0.85};

to something like

colorBackground[] = {1,0,0,0.85}; // whatever color you like

Also, I used cfgFunctions to store the functions. Thus i ask... Is cfgFunctions even available in Arma2? Other than that, I'll look and try to get it sorted for Arma2. I don't have it installed, and will not install it, but I'll do my best to help you in any case.

In the mean time, look into http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?144954-Dialog-Tutorial-For-Noobs-By-A-Noob