Sign in to follow this  
Tomater

Bad performence with i5 4670k and gtx 760

Hey!

Im having horribly bad performence with my computer about 20fps sometimes and i dont know why i mean i know its an unoptimized game but my laptop has better performence can someone please help me getting higher performence?

Specs:

I5 4670k right now not overclocked but have been at 4.3 GHz Before

gtx 760 with 2048 mb memmory

8gbs of ram

and game is installed on an SSD

Thanks!

Can't help you beside that it depends also on what do you play (Mission, Server, Mods), but that's exactly the same rig I just wanted to get... :(

Hey!

Im having horribly bad performence with my computer about 20fps sometimes and i dont know why i mean i know its an unoptimized game but my laptop has better performence can someone please help me getting higher performence?

Specs:

I5 4670k right now not overclocked but have been at 4.3 GHz Before

gtx 760 with 2048 mb memmory

8gbs of ram

and game is installed on an SSD

Thanks!

Is your nVidia driver updated?

What is your OS?

Acording to geeforce experience it is and i have win7 home premium oem 64bit

Acording to geeforce experience it is and i have win7 home premium oem 64bit

Is your hyperthreading feature disabled?

ArmA 2 won't run ok with Hyperthreading enabled.

As said, performance also depends on the mods or addons you play and missions. Some addons are high-poly and use heavy scripting (the same goes to missions) -> lags. Oh and one more thing: don't take it as a joke or sarcasm but ArmA is not very optimised itself and may behave strange. Sometimes users with middle-class rigs have better performance than users of hi-end PCs. So unfortunately top hardware does not guarantee high FPS in ArmA. You have to try many variants and combinations of preferences to get the best performance on your system.

As said, performance also depends on the mods or addons you play and missions. Some addons are high-poly and use heavy scripting (the same goes to missions) -> lags. Oh and one more thing: don't take it as a joke or sarcasm but ArmA is not very optimised itself and may behave strange. Sometimes users with middle-class rigs have better performance than users of hi-end PCs. So unfortunately top hardware does not guarantee high FPS in ArmA. You have to try many variants and combinations of preferences to get the best performance on your system.

Yeah, you're right for sure.

@intabaa You should try to find a suitable graphics config. Try to run in medium graphics, something like it. Disable FSAA, Post-Processing, etc...

And after it tell me the results

Alright yeah i play in a milsim unit and we use like 5gbs of mods i dont kow how to disable hyperthredding but its on and says 8 but the good news is after Reading some settings guides and config guides i get 80fps in singleplayer and 40 in multiplayer on allhighest exept for no anti aliasing, atoc, and only have post process on low but again if someone can tell me how to disable hyperthreading it would be good.

Thank you guys i tought it was only to lower all settings as low as possible.

Sorry for my bad Spelling btw just realised that.

Disabling HT is done through the BIOS and accessing that will depend on the make and model of your laptop. Usually it's pressing a key at boot - Del, F2, etc.

Alright thank you found it! now my performence is alot better.