Sign in to follow this  
meatball

Few Questions on a Paradrop Script I'm Working...

So, I'm working on a simple paradrop script that the players can use through an addaction that checks their backpack/contents and throws all that into an array, swaps their backpack for a parachute, teleports them to the drop zone, and then swaps the parachute for their backpack/contents on landing. I've got a few final things I'm trying to work out and wondering if anyone has any ideas.

1) When I swap the backpack for the parachute, I just to a removebackpack player; player addBackpack "B_Parachute"; and it works fine. One caveat. It just drops the old backpack right on the ground. Any thoughts on how I can delete it as opposed to dropping?

2) One option I'm building in is the capability for JIP players to drop on the team already in progress. It was a simple matter of just setting the drop coordinates to (leader groupname). But I came up with a problem using that. If the JIP players is actually the highest ranking role in the squad, they drop at their own location. :) Any thoughts on how I can set the drop location to where the bulk of the team is at easily?

_pack = unitBackpack player; //Player's backpack before parachute is added

// replace the backpack by a parachute 
player addBackpack "B_Parachute"; 
sleep 1; 
deletevehicle _pack; //deletes player's backpack

Ah, yeah, I hadn't even thought of deleteVehicle. I'll give that a shot. Now I just need to figure out the JIP player airdrop. I'm thinking I might be able to use the isJIP variable I'm using to determine whether or not a player is isJIP (0 is not, 1 is JIP). I think if I figure out how to parse through each group member and find the first that is isJIP==0 I can be pretty sure that the airdrop location is correct.