Sign in to follow this  
respeKnuckles

Need help with attachments and suppressors

Hey everyone,

So I am completely new to all aspects of mod creation.

I'm wondering if anyone could link me to some instructions on configuring weapons to accept attachments and suppressors?

I check Armaholic and the BI forums everyday for new weapons to be released.

Usually what happens is that an awesome new weapon pack is posted so I grab and install it then go check out which attachments and suppressors work with it.

The majority of the weapons I've downloaded usually work with the attachments but not suppressors I like to use, or work with the suppressors but not the attachments.

So I figured I would learn how to configure the weapons to use the attachments and suppressors I would like.

All of these weapons, attachments and suppressors are all user made mods.

I've looked around for quite a while trying to find guides that go into detail on configuring weapons for attachments/suppressors but haven't had any luck.

I'll most likely have to learn the correct jargon as well, haha.

If anyone could link me to some guides it would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys

edit: I also wasn't sure if this should be in Modeling or Configs & Scripting

Edited by respeKnuckles

Go to Armaholic.com and...

here:

http://www.armaholic.net/chili/addons/weapons/kio_l85a2_source.rar

Download and open this up and you'll start the process. I can say that orienting a taclight is a pain in the ass but it's able to be done after trial and error of course. But if you're trying to modify an existing mod that's binarized then you'd have to contact the mod owner to see if he'll release a source model for you. Also he would have to release the source config as it's a two part process with it. The config defines what the model does so if the weapon uses say... Joint Rails then other configged accessories would work with it, etc. The model itself has proxies which place the optic or suppressor or laser module, or taclight on the appropriate spot.

Edited by EricJ

Thanks a bunch Eric

That's too bad, I was hoping it would just be as simple as unPBOing the weapon files and changing a couple things.

Oh well I might give it a shot and see if I can get some of those files from the mod creators.

It's only easy as said if you had the un-binarized models but yeah... that's the only way...