Sign in to follow this  
DeltaFr_Owl

Addon Builder : can't binarize p3d and rvmat

Hi all,

I made an hk416 addon for my team on Arma2 and decide to port it on Arma3 but I have some weird troubles with the Addon Builder :

I've got 2 folders that I want to pack : 1 for accessories and 1 for weapon variants.

When I try to binarize and pack the 1st one (accessories), the p3d are well binarized, I've got my .paa, .bin and sounds files... but no .rvmat.

When I try whith my weapon folder, I've got my textures, materials, sounds and . bin but no .p3d and no .rvmat.

In the log, I didn't found critical errors that can explain this problem...

I think that it's my Arma3 port which generate this issue because I try to pack my Arma2 version of this addon with Arma3 Addon Builder and I get no problems : I've p3d and rvmat binarized.

So I tried many thing : re-install A3 tools, reorganized the sub-folders of my addons... and even a total reinstall of my OS (win7).

Nothing works... and I don't know where to search now.

So if someone got an idea it will be great 'cause I'm a bit disappointed/bored now.

Thanks ! :)

I'm trying to understand. Are you saying your p3ds and rvmats already binarized?

No, they are not.

For the p3d, I think that i'm on a way : I think my shadow lods are too detailed (too much faces : 12000 for the viewpilot triangulated). I'll try to reduce them tomorrow...

But for the rvmat, I have no clue...

Is *.rvmat; among the files to be copied over in the Addon Builder's options? Serious question here.

Yop, I tried and it works. But, of course, they're not binarized and I'd like to binarize them.

So, for the p3d, I was right : it seems that, for the shadow lods, over 10 000 faces (even triangulated) the Addon Builder don't binarize the p3d.

Well, now I have my p3d binarized ! :)

But I still have no clue for the rvmat... I make my rvmat with a text editor (pspad) ; so I tried to open them in the rvmat editor, modify them and save them with the editor. But same result, they aren't in the final pbo.

I unpbo'd a bi pbo (armor_f_epb.pbo) and when I pbo it, it no longer shows models in-game. I did it so I could find out why pbo wasn't working. I figured a bi pbo would be perfect with no errors but I can't pack anything

I unpbo'd a bi pbo (armor_f_epb.pbo) and when I pbo it, it no longer shows models in-game. I did it so I could find out why pbo wasn't working. I figured a bi pbo would be perfect with no errors but I can't pack anything

Is binarize unchecked? If you try to binarize models that are already binarized that could happen