Sign in to follow this  
gcmusicman

Career mode not working

Hi,

I'm not able to play a career, when I click "play" it sends me back to the Lark Rising screen. I've tried reinstalling several times, I also noticed that I cannot delete my profile. All my games are installed on an external drive.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Edited by gcmusicman

I'll check some things that come to my mind.

While you are still having this problem play the tutorials so as to be ready for the campaign.

I am thinking of playing some MP the weekend, so if I am on, you could probably join me (I do play expert so be warned)

Hi Helicopterenthusiast,

Have you been able to find anything? I also can't save any games while playing "Challenges", I cannot exit a game except for Free Flight, and my controller settings do not get saved.:( I have to setup the controller every time I play.

I installed a boxed version (Just Flight) and cannot return it.

Thanks for your help!

In a matter of fact saving in Challenges mode is a problem that I have also encountered. For some reason when I play a mission and I press continue afterwards, the game loads to another mission. So this could be an all around bug. As for your specific problem I haven't given up. Most likely I will be back with some advise in a few hours.

Hi Helicopterenthusiast,

Have you been able to find anything? I also can't save any games while playing "Challenges", I cannot exit a game except for Free Flight, and my controller settings do not get saved.:( I have to setup the controller every time I play.

I installed a boxed version (Just Flight) and cannot return it.

Thanks for your help!

Have you:

-Checked the profile that you are using in your documents (or create a new one and swtich to that and try) has permissions to edit and isn't set to write only.

-Have updated to the latest version (1.05 or 1.06 IRC).

-Have installed the Hotfix, which might fix it.

I have the game from Just Flight too on disk and haven't had any troubles with this (except when playing MP), but the hotfix fixed it and I am running Hinds too.

Hi [EVO] Dan,

Thanks for replying, I have created a new profile, updated to latest version and installed the hotfix and still getting the same results.

Although I did notice that my documents folder is set to "read-only", could that be a problem?

I have asked around and firstly what you could do is unmark the "read-only". Normally something as such would not be required but it could patch things up. Also I found out that an installation on an external drive is most likely not the one to blame for such a problem.

Now what I would like to know is from where you have purchased your game. If you have downloaded it then a corrupted file could cause the career problem.

Also,

I cannot exit a game except for Free Flight,

What do you mean exactly? Have you got no access to the menu, by pressing Esc, while playing?

Moreover, I expect that the TOH profiles are in your C// hard disk. If not, then that should be the case for the game not saving.

Another idea. Try downloading the TOH demo. Sounds crazy but the demo will come along with it's own save system so it could help you. A long shot though.

Best of Luck!!

Although my reply was a bit late.:)

Hi [EVO] Dan,

Thanks for replying, I have created a new profile, updated to latest version and installed the hotfix and still getting the same results.

Although I did notice that my documents folder is set to "read-only", could that be a problem?

Yes, that will be your problem more than likely. This is because anything within that folder automatically inherits the permissions, even if it doesn't say (which windows doesn't stupidly). Also, if you are running on Win Vista, 7 or 8, run the TOH.exe as admin as that will allow you to be able to export your missions from the editor (you don't need to run as admin if you have UAC disabled, but thats for advanced users).

Hope to see you online soon!

Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for all your help, you both pointed me in the right direction and helped me to narrow down the problem, my security settings were set to read-only therefore my system wasn't allowing the game to save any profile info, I set them to Full Control and now everything works perfectly. Thanks again for saving the day:yay:

Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for all your help, you both pointed me in the right direction and helped me to narrow down the problem, my security settings were set to read-only therefore my system wasn't allowing the game to save any profile info, I set them to Full Control and now everything works perfectly. Thanks again for saving the day:yay:

Awesome, glad to see you got it sorted out.