Sign in to follow this  
DoNKaNaLiE

Execute scripts and commands on my ArmA2/3 server(s), the tricky one?

Hey folks.

TL;DR is at the bottom for the impatient ones

So I've been studying this forum and used Google at lot and not found my answer, so here it goes.

I run multiple ArmA 2 and 3 servers, with a lot of different missions and I have mad a lot of scripts that do many different things e.g. Kills a player(s), Teleport player(s), Fire AI events etc.

All of them work and can be triggered by admins in-game. But some of my admins need a way to fire them without being in-game, maybe form a webpanel or desktop application.

So I started to look around a found absolutely nothing of this kind. The only thing hat come close is Dayz.st's webpanel for their DayZ servers which can execute scripts like spawn things on the map, edit inventory and see where all players are.

Which is what I need, not the same exact features but the ability to execute predefined scripts on my servers.

Theres also some hacker sites which can provide a script executer but I'm not willing to go down that road of supporting some script kiddie

From what I read you can't use the battleeye client on the server, it's only for banning, kicking and some other misc. things.

Do anyone know which direction I should take, how do I trigger these scripts like Dayz.st does?, where do I send them to and in what format ?

I really appreciate any guidance on this as it helps our admins do a god job of entertaining players on our servers.

Bonus info:

We host the servers ourself so we have full control.

All scripts are in their own .sqf file.

I can work with C/C++,C#,F#,PHP,JS,Python and a tiny bit BASIC. So if any real programming is needed, it's no problem.

TL;DR

How do I execute scripts on my servers without having joined it as a player ?

Good day to you all, and happy hunting.

Simon S Jensen

aka. DoNKaNaLi3

Edited by DoNKaNaLiE

How do I execute scripts on my servers without having joined it as a player ?

You need to make a server addon with an extension. "dll"

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Extensions

how you implement this communication between the server and your "webpanel" is up to you.

real programming is needed so it should not be a problem as you say ;)