Sign in to follow this  
BLQQD

Why is Ace white smoke shell is purple....

I googled it a bunch but could not find anything about it

im trying to give some units a couple of m203 white smoke shells

"1Rnd_Smoke_M203"

but when I try it they have purple smoke shells, not white......

this is really annoying, does any1 with ace mod have this problem?

If all of the slots for Grenade launcher ammo are filled, it adds them, but they dont show up until you free space.

Otherwise you need to change to the grenade launcher and choose from the mouse-wheel menu to load the white smoke.

EDIT: Oh i see now. Excuse my misunderstanding, i just tested it and indeed it adds the Purple Smoke shell rather than the white one. Hmmm strange.

EDIT2: Here is why, the purple M203 smoke shell uses the "1Rnd_Smoke_M203" as you can see from the pic below from the Six Config Browser for ACE

4c75ad44b7ad13de94f474a2271978da.png

That also seems true for the 6-Pack of grenades for the M32. Although i can't find the classname for White Smoke

Edited by Giorox

In ACE, there is no white smoke shell for the M203. This is by design. If you want white smoke, you need to either carry white smoke grenades or use a GP-25.

Thank you both! Saved me a lot of frustration...

It has nothing to do with ACE (classname is an ArmA-classname). As you can see on this picture there is no white smoke for the M203 (Obviously even purple smoke is only fiction).

20060626-006.gif

It has everything to do with ACE. In vanilla Arma, the available smoke shell colors are white, red, green, and yellow. ACE changes the white shell to purple. That is the point of this discussion.