Sign in to follow this  
Yoshi

Advanced Loadouts

I've been playing ArmA 3 for a while now and have only just come across the possibility to put a second primary weapon into your backpack. I use the Mk18 mod and also would like to carry either a long range weapon say the M24 sniper, or the MP9 for good CQB potential. The problem I have is that when I save a loadout with a weapon in the backpack and my main weapon in its weapon slot, when I come to load it in VAS the weapon in my backpack is in the weapon slot and my primary isn't in my inverntory. Is there a way to stop this from happening? I know in ArmA 2 OA you could could carry both weapons with one being in the backpack. Can anyone help with this issue?

I've been playing ArmA 3 for a while now and have only just come across the possibility to put a second primary weapon into your backpack. I use the Mk18 mod and also would like to carry either a long range weapon say the M24 sniper, or the MP9 for good CQB potential. The problem I have is that when I save a loadout with a weapon in the backpack and my main weapon in its weapon slot, when I come to load it in VAS the weapon in my backpack is in the weapon slot and my primary isn't in my inverntory. Is there a way to stop this from happening? I know in ArmA 2 OA you could could carry both weapons with one being in the backpack. Can anyone help with this issue?

The only way to do this is to is to have the secondary weapon as load. That way, you loud your secondary rifle, put that in your bag, THEN grab your Primary rifle. Yeah, would be convenient to be able to simply load the contents you saved in the bad, but due to i guess limitations of the script, it wont allow for it, which requires a more conventional fix for now.