Sign in to follow this  
odyseus

3d hud

Hello guys, I am having some issues with the 3D HUD. I have copy copy the example from the A10. But for some reason the horizon lines and that little ball on the center that alines with with horizon line when you are leveled. are some how out of position. I am using the physyx system on my plane. Can someone tell me how to aline them? is there a good tutorial?

Hi Oduseus,

If I am understanding correctly then you are trying to take Arma 2 model and config in Arma 3. If that's the case then its a simple process to align/configure your HUD to mach new settings and Arma 3 camera behaviour.

ok the tutorial I would advise to read is by Rock found HERE

in the Cfg_MFD you will need to look for relevant BONE to alter the behaviour of the horizon lines being drawn in DRAW subclass. For example:

class SU35_static_HUD

{

enableParallax = 0;

class Pos10Vector

{

type = "vector";

pos0[] = {0.5, 0.5};

pos10[] = {1.225, 1.1};

};

topLeft = "HUD LH";

topRight = "HUD PH";

bottomLeft = "HUD LD";

borderLeft = 0;

borderRight = 0;

borderTop = 0;

borderBottom = 0;

color[] = {0, 1, 0, 1};

class Bones

{

class PlaneW

{

type = "fixed";

pos[] = {0.5, 0.48};

};

so this tells the game engine where is the 0 point for that small "plane" in ceter of HUD relevant to memory points set in model which define whole area of HUD

by adjusting them you can archive that subclass DRAW will be affected and small plane can be moved relative to this position.

class Draw

{

alpha = 1.0;

color[] = {0.0, 0.3, 0.05};

condition = "on";

class PlaneW

{

clipTL[] = {0.0, 0.1};

clipBR[] = {1.0, 0.0};

type = "line";

points[] = {{"PlaneW", {-0.21, 7.22507e-009},.....

same idea applies to other controls in CfgMFD or HUD.

Horizontal alignment is best to be done by slightly moving pilots proxy [to left or right] in "viewPilot" lod of your model.

Edited by John_Spartan

Hi Oduseus,

If I am understanding correctly then you are trying to take Arma 2 model and config in Arma 3. If that's the case then its a simple process to align/configure your HUD to mach new settings and Arma 3 camera behaviour.

ok the tutorial I would advise to read is by Rock found HERE

in the Cfg_MFD you will need to look for relevant BONE to alter the behaviour of the horizon lines being drawn in DRAW subclass. For example:

so this tells the game engine where is the 0 point for that small "plane" in ceter of HUD relevant to memory points set in model which define whole area of HUD

by adjusting them you can archive that subclass DRAW will be affected and small plane can be moved relative to this position.

same idea applies to other controls in CfgMFD or HUD.

Horizontal alignment is best to be done by slightly moving pilots proxy [to left or right] in "viewPilot" lod of your model.

Thank you Sir.

By the way great addon! I am trying it here. Now one more question. CAn you tell me the difference bettew MFD, Bones and draw I am having some problem understanding it. Thx

So your cfgMFD consists of two parts

BONES is the first one where all the basic info is defined about animation you want to draw, like position and type.

DRAW is actual class that defines what lines/circles/text will be drawn on HUD, but as a set pos/control it needs to be attached to it's BONE.

try this tutorial by BI with much more detailed explanation of how MFD's are built.

So your cfgMFD consists of two parts

BONES is the first one where all the basic info is defined about animation you want to draw, like position and type.

DRAW is actual class that defines what lines/circles/text will be drawn on HUD, but as a set pos/control it needs to be attached to it's BONE.

try this tutorial by BI with much more detailed explanation of how MFD's are built.

Thank you very much. All this info has been very helpful now i am having a little problem with the driver animation. sadly the animation for the A3 airplane does not fit very good on my model. I was hoping to maybe use some from the A2. Do you know how can i set it up. i know this is the line on the config file

driveraction = "";

Is there some good tutorial i could use. Thank you!

Thank you very much. All this info has been very helpful now i am having a little problem with the driver animation. sadly the animation for the A3 airplane does not fit very good on my model. I was hoping to maybe use some from the A2. Do you know how can i set it up. i know this is the line on the config file
driveraction = "";

Is there some good tutorial i could use. Thank you!

Never mind, i found this good tutorial but it seems that i am getting an error.

No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgvehicles/cfgmovesbasic.scope!

. What m I doing wrong. I have placed the a10.rtms on my addon Data\anin and I have added this line of code on my config

class CfgMovesBasic
{
class Actions;
class DefaultDie;
class ManActions
{
	A10_Pilot = "A10_Pilot";
};
};

class CfgMovesMaleSdr: CfgMovesBasic
{
class States
{
	class Crew;
	class A10_Pilot: Crew
	{
		file = "\braf_air\BRAF_A29\Data\Anim\A10_Pilot.rtm";
		interpolateTo[] = { KIA_A10_Pilot, 1 };
	};
};
};

Also added this

driveraction = "A10_Pilot";

Thank you!

PS. here are the tutorials I am looking at

and http://tactical.nekromantix.com/wiki/doku.php?id=arma2:config:pilot_proxy_rtm

ok try something like this in your main config.cpp before cfgvehicles inserting code like this:

class CfgMovesBasic

{

class DefaultDie; // External class reference

class ManActions

{

my_action_pilot = "my_plane_pilot";

};

};

class CfgMovesMaleSdr : CfgMovesBasic

{

class States

{

class Crew; // External class reference

class my_plane_pilot_dead : DefaultDie

{

actions = "DeadActions";

speed = 0.5;

looped = "false";

terminal = true;

file = "\my_modpath\my_anim_pilot_dead.rtm";

connectTo[] = {"DeadState", 0.1};

};

class my_plane_pilot : Crew

{

file = "\my_modpath\my_anim_pilot.rtm";

interpolateTo[] = {"my_plane_pilot_dead", 1};

};

};

};

and then in your vehicle config add

driveraction = "my_action_pilot";

off curse all the relevant rtm files [animations] must be present in the PBO [copy/paste then from A2 content more relevant to your addon] or if you want you can always go for custom animations there are few good tutorials on the forums.

Hello John. Thank you I will give a try right now. One more question , I have notice the on the Memory LOD, a point named aimPoint and 2 other named zamerny. What are they? I am trying to move them around to see if a notice any change on the white aim crosshair and nothing. What are they function and how do I know they are working properly? The only way i am able to move the crosshair is by moving the pilot proxy! IT makes no sense to me. Thx for all your help man i own you one.

Odyseus, zamerny is a memory point that tells game engine [AI] where to aim to engage that particular unit. Usually located in centre of the model. Regarding Aimpont2 - I have not seen such memory point in aircraft, maybe its used for some pilot/driver optics view, I cant really tell without knowing what unit we are talking about exactly.

As for alignment of pilot view then yes - its a combination of cantering your model in pilot view lod relevant to proxy.driver position. And then once you are happy you can tweak the settings of HUD, and pilot view angles. The proxy.driver is not only inserting the model of the pilot/driver but also will change the camera view point to show the view from memory points defined in pilots model itself. Theoretically if you wish you can also do a custom pilot/driver model and adjust the view memory points there.

Odyseus, zamerny is a memory point that tells game engine [AI] where to aim to engage that particular unit. Usually located in centre of the model. Regarding Aimpont2 - I have not seen such memory point in aircraft, maybe its used for some pilot/driver optics view, I cant really tell without knowing what unit we are talking about exactly.

As for alignment of pilot view then yes - its a combination of cantering your model in pilot view lod relevant to proxy.driver position. And then once you are happy you can tweak the settings of HUD, and pilot view angles. The proxy.driver is not only inserting the model of the pilot/driver but also will change the camera view point to show the view from memory points defined in pilots model itself. Theoretically if you wish you can also do a custom pilot/driver model and adjust the view memory points there.

Thank you. So as far animation for the pilot go this is what i got. I copy what you gave me and not much changed.

here is a copy.

Let me know if you think so something i can try. or something you see i am doing wrong.

class CfgMovesBasic
{
class DefaultDie; // External class reference

class ManActions
{
A10_Pilot = "A10_Pilot";

};
};

class CfgMovesMaleSdr : CfgMovesBasic
{
class States
{
class Crew; // External class reference

class KIA_A10_Pilot : DefaultDie
{
actions = "DeadActions";
speed = 0.5;
looped = "false";
terminal = true;
file = "\braf_air\BRAF_A29\Data\Anim\KIA_A10_Pilot.rtm";
connectTo[] = {"DeadState", 0.1};
};

class A10_Pilot : Crew
{
file = "\braf_air\BRAF_A29\Data\Anim\A10_Pilot.rtm";
interpolateTo[] = {"KIA_A10_Pilot", 1};
};

};
}; 

Edited by Odyseus

Never mind John. I got it. Now i fear none of the ARMA 2 or ARMA 3 fits on my vehicle. I guess i will have to do a custom one. Do you know any good tutorials? I cant find the ARMA 3 bis skeleton. Do you know where can i get it? Thank you brother!

Edited by Odyseus

Never mind John. I got it. Now i fear none of the ARMA 2 or ARMA 3 fits on my vehicle. I guess i will have to do a custom one. Do you know any good tutorials? I cant find the ARMA 3 bis skeleton. Do you know where can i get it? Thank you brother!

One more thing, if i am able to make a custom animation how can i make the hands react to movement?

OMG I am faced with a new problem now. When i exit the vehicle I am being launched miles away to my death. Does anybody ever experienced this, what could be the problem. I have a custom vehicle animation! Thank you!

Yes it is official, I have run some tests and it is the rtm i made that is causing this problem. With the Arma 3 driver animation the player exits the plane just fine. What could it be? It is always something. This is driving me :232:

Edited by Odyseus

Allright I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After a all nighter i found the problem. I notice that the Property Name Value for "STEP" ans XSTEP were a little high. It should be 0.000000. So if you are having the same problem please make sure to follow this instructions and make sure this Value are correct.

Anyways now the only thing that I am missing as far as animation goes is to make the arms move as I turn. Does anyone know if it is possible to do it?? Thank you!