Sign in to follow this  
scrapser

Enemy Carrier - Not Taking Islands

I'm seeing this occasionally and today in two successive startups of the strategy game. I always start with each side having only one island. Usually by the time one of the neutral islands I've taken has gone active, the islands the enemy carrier is taking start turning active too. This gives you some idea of its path towards your position. But today I took more than 7 islands and no islands appeared for the enemy. It's like the carrier is just sitting at its stockpile island and not moving. Has anyone else seen this? I don't think it has anything to do with the island distribution...maybe just a bug.

Yes, i saw it too, it sometimes happens after one, two or four enemy island. it happesn in maybe 3-4 out of 10 games. the enemy carrier just sits near the port of the last taken island and waits. You can take the entire map in the meantime, and the enemy carrier waits. Sometimes it resumes its game when you come about 1 island near, and sometimes you can "suprise" it by arriving at its island. A game like this is of course easily one since you have many ressources to build your weapons and vehicles, and then you have the enemy carrier and one or two islands to fight against.

- faber42

The enemy carrier sitting on its hands seems to be happening quite often of late. I had to start a new strategy game 6 time before it played "normal". Another thing I'm seeing now is the barque returning to the stockpile island instantly after dropping off its load. Doesn't happen frequently but enough to notice.