Sign in to follow this  
malakdecaen

PIP on weapon part or attachment ??

Hi everybody ,

I want setup an attachment for my weapon and show a map or a gps on it but the problem , i add #(argb,256,512,1)r2t(rendertarget1,1.0) to the face where i want the map but nothing work, it's only black on face.

Please help me , thanks for you'r time and sorry for my bad english .

Or it is possible to attach an object to the weapon ?

Edit : now i can see a PIP but i would like see a Map or GPS now .

ojql.png

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3430/ojql.png (812 kB)

Please help me

Edited by kakarot

Hi everybody ,

I want setup an attachment for my weapon and show a map or a gps on it but the problem , i add #(argb,256,512,1)r2t(rendertarget1,1.0) to the face where i want the map but nothing work, it's only black on face.

Please help me , thanks for you'r time and sorry for my bad english .

Or it is possible to attach an object to the weapon ?

You cannot put PIP on anything that isn't a vehicle

So in order to make an attatchment that does that, first you'd need to make a series of scripts.

Script A runs a variable that detects whether or not the gps attachment is on the unit's gun or not.

Then you create the gps as a vehicle, not as an attachment, (remember houses are technically "vehicles" in arma too).

Then you make script B which makes its own "proxy". Since you can't call custom proxies in Arma, you do this. You make a _location variable that is where you want the GPS to show up on the player's gun.

Then you make a third script that spawns the vehicle, attaches it to the _location point defined above, and then turns it's pip/map on.

Here's how you do a GPS, or atleast in the right direction.

Create a separate UAV vehicle. It has an invisible model, it has no sound.

It is spawned somewhere not on the map.

Next you make a map object. High quality texture, etc.

Here's where the scripting comes in. The UAV needs to focus ON the map, and not go off of it's constraints. The X and Y of the UAV on the map needs to synchronize the X and Y of the player on the real map.

hVEa6ww.png. Sorry I can't give more detail right ow, trying to study for finals.

Edited by HJohnson

thanks again for you'r reply , i've try but nothing work , do you know if an example of this existe ?

It is possible to setup the chopper radar inside the PIP ?

Thanks a lot for you'r time ;)