Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator_2k

Trying To Create Realistic Mortar Team

I'm trying to put together a realistic mortar team where an 'empty' mortar is placed down and at the beginning of the mission a mortar team takes positions on and around the actual mortar. I've used the SetUnitPos "middle"; to make the team leader and assistant gunner to kneel beside the mortar position, but what command do I use to attach the MK6 gunner to the actual empty mortar? Also, is their a way of detaching the gunner from the mortar when his position is over run as well as cancelling out the SetUnitPos "middle"; for the assistant gunner and team leader?

Cheers

The mortar is considered a vehicle and you'll be able to use moveincargo(?) and moveingunner to put units into the mortar. Don't use attachTo to attach living units to objects. Ever. They'll die. And other stuff happens. And it's useless.

The mortar is considered a vehicle and you'll be able to use moveincargo(?) and moveingunner to put units into the mortar. Don't use attachTo to attach living units to objects. Ever. They'll die. And other stuff happens. And it's useless.

Thanks. "moveInGunner" works. However, the mortar gunner still stays mounted to the mortar when an enemy is close (next to gunner). I think I need to figure this out with a type of remove "moveInGunner" command.

Saliut!

Create two unit and name them un1 and un2. Empty mortar call Mor just .Then create waypoint and

on act: this = execVM "getinmortar.sqf"

getinmortar.sqf

un1 SetUnitPos "middle"; sleep 2; un1 moveingunner Mor; un2 SetUnitPos "middle"; sleep 2; un2 moveincargo Mor;

I hope that helps

---------- Post added at 01:34 ---------- Previous post was at 00:59 ----------

remove "moveInGunner" command

There is eject command for this

{_x action ["EJECT",Mor]; sleep 0;} foreach [un1, un2];

---------- Post added at 01:41 ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 ----------

I think mounting static weapon systems is better solution, than attachTo things to unit

I add your topic a vid. It script not finished, but can be used. Thanks to F2k Sel:

>>>VIDEO<<<

Edited by Katzok

Hi!

Im new here and learning, but it's best what i can

I create two unit and name them unit1 and unit2. Empty mortar call mortar1 just .Then i create waypoint and but in on act: this = execVM "getinmortar.sqf"

getinmortar.sqf

unit1 SetUnitPos "middle"; sleep 2; unit1 moveingunner Mortar1; unit2 SetUnitPos "middle"; sleep 2; unit2 moveincargo Mortar1;

i hope that helps

---------- Post added at 01:34 ---------- Previous post was at 00:59 ----------

remove "moveInGunner" command

There is eject command for this

{_x action ["EJECT",Mortar1]; sleep 2;} foreach [unit1, unit2];

---------- Post added at 01:41 ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 ----------

I think mounting static weapon systems is better solution, than attachTo things to unit

Every mission that has mortars need an empty MK6 mortar, a mortar team where the gunner (as above command does) mounts the MK6 mortar, the assistant and team leader kneels besides the gunner and mortar - but, when an enemy closes in at a distance where the mortar is ineffective (too close), the mortar team disbands and go into normal combat mode like the rest of the AI. When however the threat subsides (the enemy leave the trigger area) the mortar team return to their initial positions.

It is after all what soldiers would so in real life ;)

Edited by Infiltrator_2K

Every mission that has mortars need an empty MK6 mortar, a mortar team where the gunner (as above command does) mounts the MK6 mortar, the assistant and team leader kneels besides the gunner and mortar - but, when an enemy closes in at a distance where the mortar is ineffective (too close), the mortar team disbands and go into normal combat mode like the rest of the AI. When however the threat subsides (the enemy leave the trigger area) the mortar team return to their initial positions.

It is after all what soldiers would so in real life ;)

You need activation trigger by enemy getPos your unit, something like:

_trg = createTrigger["EmptyDetector",(getPos NAME)];

_trg setTriggerArea[100,100,0,false];

_trg setTriggerActivation["FORM","PRESENT",true];

_trg setTriggerStatements["this", "hint 'Enemy near'", "hint 'Enemy down'"];.

I working and learn same time. As I was saying, that all stuff new for me and I not the best scripter. There is some guys, who make nice work and trying keep progress F2k, Suicide, Celery, Shuko...and so on.

In some moment the forum badly throws over me. How old is Arma? As early eight years, but mass of topic scipts are just 5hit and does not help.

Like one vehicle respawn script, i read forum: "good, nice, blabla..." and try it. Respawn yeah work, but disable some trigger repeat after respawn and nobody at users see or fix all these years, come on really wtf.

Edited by Katzok