Sign in to follow this  
thetrooper

Custom sound, superb, repeat?

so I have changed it since then, now I have it activated on a vehicle when engine is turned on. could I deactivate it on another trigger? for example when heli crosses a certain point.

i think you must decide first the conditions you need. for when hear and not hear the sound... i cant understand what you want to do...

i think you must decide first the conditions you need. for when hear and not hear the sound... i cant understand what you want to do...

fair enough.

1st I have music starting once the engine of a heli is turned on. I would like the music to fade out at some point. Is it possible to have that music fade from another trigger? if so, how. I have tried 1 fadeMusic 0; in trigger for blufor presence once heli crosses tigger line and it did not fade out. So am stuck. thanks for your help.

how you start the music ....trigger? code?

trigger

axis 0,0

none, none

Cond. line: isEngineOn vehiclename and driver vehiclename == player

Act = 1 fadeMusic 1; playMusic "music1"

additional trigger

axis 1000,5 (line)

none, blufor presence once

this;

Dea = 1 fadeMusic 0;

on additional trigger on DEA nothing. try ONACT 1 fadeMusic 0;

This worked 1 out of 4 times, I even synced the pilot to trigger and it worked the 1st time. After that nothing. Is there a way to make sure it hits every time?

set the additional triger to repeat

What I mean is after restarting the mission the trigger forgets its job and does not activate. I also tired to change the 1 fadeMusic 0; to 3 fademusic 0; for better effect and it doesn't want to work. I also have deleted the old trigger and made a new one with no change. It did however work twice in a row and then I changed it to MP mission and now it doesn't work.

I will go back and set trigger to "anyone" and hope that keeps, also can I change 1 fadeMusic 0; to 3 or 5 fadeMusic 0; in both parts for the fade to sound a bit better? If so, do I just change it in both triggers or in description.ext file too?

yes you can use any number you want . the syntax is , time fadeMusic volume ,

time: Number in seconds,

volume: Number - music volume range 0 to 1. Maximum volume is 1. Default is 0.5.

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

you dont need to change something in your description

try this inside your onActivation for your repeating trigger:

_=thisTrigger spawn {while {triggerActivated _this} do {playSound3D ["A3\missions_f\data\sounds\click.wss", player]; sleep .25}}