Sign in to follow this  
Mr_X

Ofp vs ghost recon

As we all know, Operation Flashpoint is a milestone in PC game design. Its diversity and depth are unsurpassed by any title currently available to date. However, is it the best of its gender?

When I first played 'Ghost Recon' by Red Storm Entertainment (I was a big fan of Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear), I was quick to dismiss it due to my obsession with OFP. Then recently I heard of the amazing AI it was supposed to sport, along with some of the best simulated infantry tactics and firefights yet seen in any PC game. So I purchased the recent 'Ghost Recon' pack (that includes Desert Siege).....and I must say...I am impressed. Very much so. The AI does surpass that of OFPs and the atmosphere is better than any I have seen yet........

Though OFP supports far a far better editing (and therefore perhaps greater replayability) capability...and several other aspects as well.....

So which is better? If so for what reasons?

But they really are two different genders as you call it. tounge.gif

I'll give GR the better atmosphere of firefights, better sounds, urban areas, FPS... but the rest belongs to OFP.

EDIT: this is kind of a dupe thread I think

True. 2 Different kind of games. Gr focuses on small time ops. Ofp is battlefields. If the ai is better it might be scripted for specific parts wink.gif Since its small areas. In the end OFP is better for large ops.. Gr the oposite.

Ofp of course smile.gif

Closing smile.gif

hint: Look at the GR thread in Offtopic.