Sign in to follow this  
spcland12

A question about retexturing

Ok So my question about retexturing is this i know its possible to retexture some vehicals in arma 3 that have hidden textures and you can use them without mods in the misson file so no one has to download mods to play on your server . What i am asking is there a way to retexture clothes without mods and use them in the mission file without people having to download mod . If this is already been stated i am sorry i am just trying to figure out what we can do because we want a server with no mods , but we want our server unique and not like everyone else

Also if there is a way can someone give me a link to a tutorial on how to do it thanks

As far as i know you can use custom textures in clothing. Try this:

Create your texture and put it in your mission files.

Place to soldiers init.

this setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "yourmission\yourtexture.paa"];

How to modify/create textures:

1.Download and install BI tools.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BI_Tools_2.5

2. Find .pbo file that has textures you want to modify from install directory. Example C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Addons

Clothing textures are located in characters_f.pbo,characters_f_epa.pbo,characters_f_gamma

3. Find texture inside .pbo file that you want to modify. Open it in textview 2 and save as "all files" to your desktop. Name it as "whatever.tga" so it saves as .tga

4. Open just saved .tga file in photoshop or similiar and edit texture how you want it to be.

5. When you are ready save as .tga and open in textview 2,save as .paa

6. Move your whatever.paa to mission folder/file

I did as you asked and when i got to check to see if it works it shows my guy has invisable uniform