Sign in to follow this  
thdman1511

Need help with intro.

I have been going over the AMS Camscripting Tutorial, and have been trying to get an intro working with no luck.

what I was trying to do is a tracking shot. Where the cam is placed above an Panther IFV-6c and then have the camera move down to the rear door of the Panther IFV_6c. However nothing happens other than a stationary cam view.

a copy of the missions files can be downloaded here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81875798/IntroCutsceneTest.Altis/help.zip

I have done everything the script has suggested, but still no tracking from the camera. Can someone please assist me in this.

Also I have noticed now, that the waypoints that are set for another intro I am trying to work on, you can hear the AI be given movement orders for each waypoint. Such as move forward 100m then at the next waypoint it was say move forward 75m. There should not be any waypoint orders being verbally given. So has anyone else come across that.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

It has been advised that I put a copy of my scene script, so that you can see what is happenings, the script is as follows.

showCinemaBorder False;
//sets up camera
titlecut [" ","BLACK IN",5]
_camera = "camera" camcreate [0,0,0]
_camera cameraeffect ["internal", "back"]

//shot above IFV_9
_camera camPrepareTarget IFV_9;
_camera camPreparePos [11343.48,11426.50,5.77];
_camera camPrepareFOV 0.700;
_camera camCommitPrepared 0
@camCommittted _camera

;comment "14:40:15";
_camera camPreparePos [11343.53,11424.97,2.00];
_camera camCommitPrepared 7
@camCommitted _camera

~10

titlecut ["","black out",5]
~6
["END1"] call BIS_fnc_endMission;

I hope someone can advise me, it seems to be alright but doesnt want to do what its supposed to do. Watching the youtube tutorial on it, and seeing them work, to have spent alot of time trying to work out why this doesnt work has been frustrating. I have tried doing another intro of a civilian running down the road, to warn the Mayor of Kavala that enemy forces have wipes out the village Edessa, but I still cant get it to track. So when frustration get the best of me I go and play BF4, although I prefer Arma 3 to BF4.

It has been advised that I put a copy of my scene script, so that you can see what is happenings, the script is as follows.

I hope someone can advise me, it seems to be alright but doesnt want to do what its supposed to do. Watching the youtube tutorial on it, and seeing them work, to have spent alot of time trying to work out why this doesnt work has been frustrating. I have tried doing another intro of a civilian running down the road, to warn the Mayor of Kavala that enemy forces have wipes out the village Edessa, but I still cant get it to track. So when frustration get the best of me I go and play BF4, although I prefer Arma 3 to BF4.

Ha, you are mixing sqf and sqs syntax. But it's good to be in the habit of using sqf for cutscenes, which just means you have to make a few adjustments to the output you get from camera.sqs, or bis_fnc_cameraold or whatever you use. I probably don't have to explain this, but ; infront of a comment becomes //, every line has to end with a ; and instead of ~10 ou use sleep 10;.

then, the @camCommittted _camera is also sqs syntax and not needed as far as I know, especially if it is written with 3 t's ;)

Finally, the init-line of your soldier executes the scene in sqs format, you need to use ExecVM:

nul = [this] execVM "IntroScene1.sqf"; this hideObject true;

so here you go:

showCinemaBorder False;
//sets up camera
titlecut [" ","BLACK IN",5];
_camera = "camera" camcreate [0,0,0];
_camera cameraeffect ["internal", "back"];

//shot above IFV_9
_camera camPreparePos [11343.48,11426.50,5.77];
_camera camCommitPrepared 0;

//comment "14:40:15";
_camera camPreparePos [11343.53,11424.97,2.00];
_camera camCommitPrepared 7;

sleep 10;

titlecut ["","black out",5];
sleep 6;
["END1"] call BIS_fnc_endMission;  

Edited by Mad_Cheese

Thanks alot Mad Cheese, I will give it a go and see what happens.

---------- Post added at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:48 ----------

That work Mad_Cheese thanks alot. I tried to put in a pause between first and second positions, so that it would stay on first position for a few seconds, then move down to the second position, I used sleep 3, and also ~3 but it just stayed on the first position of the script. Not sure I used the correct commands. But once again thanks.