Sign in to follow this  
eran100

Arma 3 Altis Island

It may be a wierd request, and even a funny one and not possible, but is it possible to port the Altis map from Arma 3 to Arma 2?

I don't know if that's possible without BIS permission but I'd really like to see it happen, especially the UH-80 Ghosthawk.

The liscence says no backward porting. Forward porting is allowed, but no back porting.

The liscence says no backward porting. Forward porting is allowed, but no back porting.

Wierd, but if the liscence say the liscence say.

Nothing weird, they need to sell new games instead of old ones.

But they don't need to sell old games aswell? I mean with All In Arma mods for Arma 3 you can have Arma 2 in Arma 3.

Forward porting is allowed cause it helps selling newer games. For my part i'd like to see backward porting for old games (A1 assets in OFP for example).

Uhmm, forward porting is not allowed. BI really do not want to see Arma 2 content being forward ported to Arma 3 without limits! Hence the AiA project.

Using A2 content in A3 is fine as long as the user is required to have A2 and A3!

I asked this to BI and pretty much was told I was an idiot for thinking/asking forward porting (without limits) would be allowed.

Now, since backwards and forwards porting is not allowed, end of the thread.