Sign in to follow this  
wok

attachTo and backpacks

I remember seeing this working somewhere in the past, but can't get it working myself. I am trying to attach a backpack to a players hand. I tried with the sample code from the wiki just replacing the classname like:

_bp1 = "B_AssaultPack_blk" createVehicle position player;
_bp1 attachTo [player, [-0.1,0.1,0.15],"Pelvis"];

I though that maybe spawning the backpack may be the problem, so i tried placing a backpack on the editor and referencing it by its name like:

bp1 attachTo [player, [0,0,0]];

Also tried attaching the backpack to another object that is not the player, like a table, but that didn't work either.

So, is not possible to use attachTo with backpacks? Is there any workdaround that doesn't involve addons?

I'm stuck on something similar. Using the empty>backpacks list in editor I'm trying put a backpack on a table or even in a building is a mission in itself.

There are several posts over the last couple of days referring to backpacks.

Even though they spawn and you see them they are inside an invisible object called a weapon holder.

It's that object you will need to attach to the player

bp1 = "B_AssaultPack_blk" createVehicle position player;
bp2 = nearestObject [bp1, "GroundWeaponHolder"]; 
  bp2 attachTo [player, [-0.1,0.1,0.15],"Pelvis"];

bp2 attachTo [m1, [0.45,0.1,-0.5],"lefthandmiddle1"];
bp2 setVectorDirAndUp [[0,0,-1],[3,0.5,0]];

There are other points apart from pelvis - including:

rightarm righthand lefthand head rightleg rightlegroll rightfoot righttoebase leftforearmroll rightforearmroll leftleg leftlegroll leftfoot lefttoebase righthandindex1 righthandindex2 righthandindex3 righthandmiddle1 righthandmiddle2 righthandmiddle3 righthandpinky1 righthandpinky2 righthandpinky3 righthandring1 righthandring2 righthandring3 righthandthumb1 righthandthumb2 righthandthumb3 righthandring lefthandindex1 lefthandindex2 lefthandindex3 lefthandmiddle1 lefthandmiddle2 lefthandmiddle3 lefthandpinky1 lefthandpinky2 lefthandpinky3 lefthandring1 lefthandring2 lefthandring3 lefthandthumb1 lefthandthumb2 lefthandthumb3 lefthandring leftupleg leftuplegroll neck neck1 pelvis spine spine1 spine2 spine3 leftshoulder leftarm leftarmroll leftforearm rightshoulder rightupleg rightarmroll rightforearm rightuplegroll camera face_browfrontright face_cheekupperright face_cheekupperleft face_nostrilright face_nostrilleft face_forehead face_eyelidlowerleft face_browfrontleft face_browsideright face_browsideleft face_eyelidlowerright face_hub face_eyelids face_cheeksideright face_cornerleft face_cheeksideleft face_eyelidupperright face_eyelidupperleft face_cornerright face_jawbone face_chin face_chopright face_chopleft face_liplowermiddle face_liplowerright face_liplowerleft face_tongue face_cheekfrontright face_cheekfrontleft face_lipuppermiddle face_lipupperright face_lipupperleft face_browmiddle face_jowl eyeleft eyeright

There are several posts over the last couple of days referring to backpacks.

Even though they spawn and you see them they are inside an invisible object called a weapon holder.

It's that object you will need to attach to the player

bp2 attachTo [player, [-0.1,0.1,0.15],"Pelvis"];

Thanks a lot! I wasn't expecting to get a reply on this thread. I guess I should also thank thetrooper for bumping it and mattar_tharkari for the points list.