Sign in to follow this  
Moonshadow

How do I run Battleye on my servers?

Im sick of getting a great server going, and then someone comes in and uses cheat scripts to destroy it. I don't know why but it seems that battleye does not run on any server I host, I would like to know how to change that. I have it installed, and im running the latest version. I checked battleye's web site and they said it would be automatically started, but for some reason, this isn't the case for me. Also, I have trouble joining just about any game due to "battleye client not responding" back when I had it on my old computer I had none of these problems.

Can I fix any of this? How?

For your server first make sure you have

BattlEye=1;

in your server.cfg file.

Lots of info here on how to install and troubleshoot:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BattlEye

For BE problems on your client PC I would remove and re-install it (download most recent version from BE website):

http://www.battleye.com/download.html

For your server first make sure you have

BattlEye=1;

in your server.cfg file.

Lots of info here on how to install and troubleshoot:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BattlEye

For BE problems on your client PC I would remove and re-install it (download most recent version from BE website):

http://www.battleye.com/download.html

Well, that fixed my server problem. However I still get a battleye client not responding whenever I try to join 99.99% of any games. I have a D-link router, and i heard that if I Click on "ADSL" settings on my router web site, and change "Multiplexing method" from "VC-Based" to "LLC-Based", It could fix it, but im not sure.

Try connecting your PC directly (bypass router) or if your router has a DMZ option try that.. then you'll know if that is what is causing the BE client problems. Also remove and re-install BE if you haven't already.

Hi sorry for re-using this thread, but it has just the topic i needed and didn't want to post a new one.

When i Run my Server (I have it in a custom folder seperate from Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA, And set in my config BattlEye=1, it tells me Battleye Initialization failed, I dont understand why its doing this, i downloaded the latest BattlEye server version and put it in a BattlEye folder on in my Server Folder.

Does anyone have any solutions to this? It would be really helpful with getting all these hackers out of my server.

Hi sorry for re-using this thread, but it has just the topic i needed and didn't want to post a new one.

When i Run my Server (I have it in a custom folder seperate from Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA, And set in my config BattlEye=1, it tells me Battleye Initialization failed, I dont understand why its doing this, i downloaded the latest BattlEye server version and put it in a BattlEye folder on in my Server Folder.

Does anyone have any solutions to this? It would be really helpful with getting all these hackers out of my server.

It might have something to do with spaces in your path

I have 4 different battleeye folders because your server instances shouldn't be sharing a beserver.cfg file as the file is dynamic when the server is running. beserveractive1234.cfg or something random like that.

BEFolders

BE1\Battleye

BE2\Battleye

BE3\Battleye

BE4\Battleye

Each server has the BEPath=c:\BE1\Battleye in the startup parameters. -bepath=c:\Pathtobattleyefolder the same as you would do for a mod to start -mod=@mod. The path to the battleye folder cannot have any spaces.

Something like this

-cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -profiles=xxx -netlog -BEpath=C:\Battleye_SRV4\BattlEye -name=xxx -config=server4.cfg -port=2302 -maxplayers=100 -mod=@CBA_A3@VTS_Ballistic etc

EDIT: I thought this was in the ARMA3 Forums so disregard.

Edited by Hurtz72

In my start code i have the BE path setup and the BEServer.dll and BEClient.dll inside the folder, does it matter where the folder is, or just that the extension reaches it? I have it in a folder called Expansions

If I want join to some server of arma 2,it write me connection failed,why?I have original game

Hello folks,

tried to open a new topic because none of the results i've search didn't work, whyever. But can't create one....

I have installed my Windows Server 2012 R2 with all updates (x64) comepletly NEW. Installed Steam and downloaded the Arma3 Server.

My configs i got from kellys-heroes dot eu and are stored in the subdir configs. i just modified the option BattlEye = BOOLEAN;.

Now my problem is, if i set BattlEye to 0 (off) the Server starts like it should, but if its set to 1 (on) he won't start because of "Initialzion failed".

These steps i already tried by searching here and on google:

- BattlEye.dll's download and reinstall from battleye dot com

- Deactivated Firewall (there is no more software installed which can block the ports! No AntiVirus and such one!)

- Tried by opened Server fault to delete battleye.dll's (failed because in use, so there is no problem that the dll's are not loaded or could not be found).

- Set in launch options the path to the battleye dll's saved path

Now comes my problem, where is the problem, i don't have any idea more to fix it, and i won't run a open server without battleye.

Hope anyone can help me here.

Kind regards,

vNet - Systemadministrator (of vNet IT-Services)

Hi,

no that wasn't the problem, UAC is completly deactivated.

Kind regrads.

Can you post up your server.cfg as well as the params you are using to start the server (ie: command line)?

Hello,

the Configuration (server.cfg, arma3.cfg and arma3profile.cfg) of my server you can catch here: http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/tutorials/dedicated/arma3dedicated.php exactly the same, only in server.cfg there i added BattlEye = BOOL; for the test i've posted.

Startup Parameters are these:

"D:\GameSteam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Server\arma3server.exe" -config=configs\server.cfg -cfg=configs\arma3.cfg -profiles=configs\arma3profile.cfg -port=2310 -BEpath="D:\GameSteam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Server\BattlEye"

I've enabled "Run as Admin" for all Users (i'm using only admin account).

Kind Regards.

---------- Post added at 08:17 ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 ----------

Hello,

ok i found the Problem (ill hope so).

As you saw i had installed the Arma3 Server in a Steam dir with "empty spaces" in the path. I've created outside of steam the server and huh he starts with battleye!

My current path: D:\Servers\Arma3\Test\BattlEye

My old Path: D:\GameSteam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Server

My old Path + exe + commandline options: "D:\GameSteam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Server\arma3server.exe" -config=configs\server.cfg -cfg=configs\arma3.cfg -profiles=configs\arma3profile.cfg -port=2310 -BEpath="D:\GameSteam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Server\battleye"

My new Path + exe + commandline options: D:\Servers\Arma3\Test\arma3server.exe -config=configs\server.cfg -cfg=configs\arma3.cfg -profiles=configs\arma3profile.cfg -port=2310 -BEpath=D:\Servers\Arma3\Test\BattlEye

Whyever, it seems you cannot use empty spaces in the paths.

Applies to: Windows Server 2012 (all editions) x64, Windows Server 2012 R2 (all editions) x64

I would be happy if this could be added to an troubleshoot site here.

Kind regards.

Glad you got it sorted.. I think the problem in your original params is that the quotes weren't around the entire param.. so instead of this:

-BEpath="D:\GameSteam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Server\battleye"

it should be this:

"-BEpath=D:\GameSteam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Server\battleye"