Sign in to follow this  
TheSilkMan

What Happened to Gamespy Arcade

Everyone knows that excite.com went bankrupt. As a result my Cable ISP changed over comcast@home to comcast.net. I can no longer even view the www.gamespyarcade.com web page. The gamespy software doesnt allow me to get to the gamespy network. Has gamespy gone belly up along with excite?

I just tried it moments ago, and I can get to the page -- either your ISP is blocking the site, or there is a routing problem. Try pinging it to see if the host name resolves etc.

yea i had this problem once with a cut trunk between me and Team 17, I could not play Worms Armagedon online for three months, that was two years ago

it was a dead line in New york, and i could not access many UK sites

make sure to call your ISP and have them trace it

tell them you know the site is working and that others have confirmed it, this way they can see if they can reroute thier traffic

other then that flush GSA down the crapper

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye

All Seeing EYE

it will show you every OFP server in the world and give you better direct conection then GSA ever did

tell them the sites you can not visit and tell them to trace them

they will report it to internic and then from there they'll be told how ong till the fix or route changes will be

yeah its happening to a lot over here since @home died out..

*still on hold with comcast*

FYI, I just did a traceroute of the gamespyarcade.com server from several international locations, and they all worked. The only route that had problems was from Ontario, Canada, which experienced about a 10% packet loss along the way on the Verio network.

Guys drop the d*amn Cable already...

They do not care about you or your business. All they want is your $$$$$$$$$$!

heh what to get instead?

i want t3 but wont be avail till feb, so stuck with cable sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from BigQEd on 8:31 pm on Dec. 31, 2001

Guys drop the d*amn Cable already...

They do not care about you or your business. All they want is your $$$$$$$$$$!

<span id='postcolor'>

many cable ISP's go out of their way for costumers, don't spread false hoods based on what you've heard or what happens in your neck of the woods, each town is different, every city is different