Sign in to follow this  
skimmer8824

Open map dialog from Communication Menu

When opening a dialog with a map control from the communication menu, the mouse wheel zoom is non functioning. If the same dialog is opened from the action menu, then the zoom works as intended. Has anyone else run into this feature/bug?

So your "expression" code looks like?

I just tested a custom dialog with a map control and the mouse scroll +- zoom works just fine.

Edited by JW Custom
update

comm menu:

expression = "[] execVM 'dialog.sqf'";

action menu:

_client addAction["<t color='#FFFF00'>Tablet</t>","dialog.sqf",[],-99,False,True];

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:06 ----------

Can you upload your test mission? I have attached the mission folder that demonstrates the issue for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1b1foniswfgtut8/MapControl_Demo.Stratis.rar

Calling the dialog from the action menu results in the correct action of the mouse wheel zoom on the map. Calling the dialog from support (Comm Menu) renders the mouse wheel useless; however, using the num pad plus and minus keys do work.

Yup you are right. In my first test i added an addAction through the comm menu and it all worked fine, but opening the menu directly through the comm menu makes the "zoom" function dissapear!

Is it safe to assume it is a bug that needs to be reported? Every other dialog control appears to function fine.

I've the same problem with my dialog. There is one option, you can some with + & - by the num-block.

If you call the dialog by radio trigger, the map zoom didnt works too. Only with addaction, you can use the mouse wheel.

Someone knows, how to fix it`?