Sign in to follow this  
meatball

Civilian Courage under Fire...

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this. I have a task in one of my missions that spawns a civilian that walks up to the players with a simple doMove. When he gets near them it fires a trigger. Only problem is if the players get jumpy and accidentally shoot the civvie, the civilian seems to lose all motivation (go figure) to walk to the doMove end point. I've set the civvie to allowdamage false and allowfleeing 0, but that doesn't seem to keep him on track.

Any thoughts?

Not sure if this would work, but you could try using joinSilent to make the civ join the player group, then if he fires his gun the civ shouldn't run away. Also check setBehaviour and setWaypointBehaviour, maybe if you set it to "CARELESS" the civ wont be afraid.

Edited by wok

Civilians have traditionally been fraidy-cats, even when using Careless behaviour. But I just tried the following code on a civilian, and he walked calmly past a firefight and didn't bat an eye when I shot at him:

this disableai "target"; this disableai "autotarget"; this disableai "fsm"; 

If for some reason that doesn't work out, you could always just force a walking animation on him if it's a simple A to B.

Civilians have traditionally been fraidy-cats, even when using Careless behaviour. But I just tried the following code on a civilian, and he walked calmly past a firefight and didn't bat an eye when I shot at him:

If for some reason that doesn't work out, you could always just force a walking animation on him if it's a simple A to B.

can you share the name of that walking anim (straight?)? might be useful. thanks.

Nope, that did the trick. Can unload a few mags into him and he just keeps on coming. Thanks!

Nope, in my OP I mentioned I tried setting allowFleeing to 0 and it didn't do it. That with the code 2nd Ranger listed did seem to take care of it though.