Sign in to follow this  
jamsus

Doubt about coop gameplay

Hi all,

i can't play on my PC for a few days but a friend asked me how Coop play for Arma3 works.

I only played SP mission since the game release, so... i would like to know if:

1) Both players involved in coop need same MOD\ADDON?

2) One of the two player (or the N players) should be the server, or there are dedicated servers for that?

3) Thank you :)

Requirements for mods or addons are usually determined by the mission you are playing on. You only need the mods required by that mission.

There a several multiplayer coop servers in the server list that you should be able to jump on and play.

If you download a multiplayer mission you can try hosting it directly on your pc. Again, mods are addons required should be listed in the info about that mission.

If you don't know, best to play with same mods. Some mods are compatible, some are not, and some may seem compatible but will actually cause messed up behavior when only 1 player is using them.

You can join a dedicated server or host your own by selecting "new" in the multiplayer server browser, or even create your own mini-dedicated server on your own machine (requires more know-how).

The player with the faster CPU should host and 'be the server.' Because all the AI will run on his computer.

If you have admin access to a dedicated server, so much the better.

If mods don't match up, usually nothing terrible happens. Just don't mix total conversion mods like ACE with vanilla players. If some guy is using a simple mod like a custom weapon pack, you probably just won't see the new gun or here it shooting.

Hi all,

i can't play on my PC for a few days but a friend asked me how Coop play for Arma3 works.

I only played SP mission since the game release, so... i would like to know if:

1) Both players involved in coop need same MOD\ADDON?

2) One of the two player (or the N players) should be the server, or there are dedicated servers for that?

3) Thank you :)

To sum it up :):

1. No, you don't need any mods to play MP. Mods are required only when the mission you are playing on SP or MP is built using elements of a certain addon/mod ( Ex: MP mission "British Patrol" is made using some units(models) from the "British Units X" mod pack). And yes, all players and the server need the same addon installed fro the mission to function properly.

2. Arma 3 supports both dedicated and "P2P" servers. As maturin said

The player with the faster CPU should host and 'be the server.' Because all the AI will run on his computer.

:)

Guys (and girls) thank you all really!

Great community :)