Sign in to follow this  
iLLcAtTiViSsiMo

8 Gigs of Ram Not Enough?

So I should set min/max to same value?

I do. It doesn't hurt and it did help in old flight sim games when our gfx cards only had 64 or 128mb ram.

Does it help Arma? No idea.

Well, I upped my virtual memory (which was set below the recommended settings for some reason) and it didnt do squat. whatever. i give up. just gonna keep settings maxed out and deal with the crap framerates on some servers. didnt BI say something about official servers at some point?

I can always give BF4 a shot =P

Sent from my iPhone

Should check first to see what your game is actually using before going through a bunch of OS "tweaks". ime, tweaking is a euphemism for "messing with things you don't really understand that well." If you have to ask how/what to do, don't. W7 is fairly well optimized, you shouldn't need to dick around with things it's been built to do automatically (handling page files, etc).

Also: Process Explorer

It's quite helpful in figuring out what's going on with performance.

RE: Scope Lag

I think because you're finely adjusting things, you just notice the general game lag more. What's your FPS before and during scopes? Mine actually increases with scopes up, yet they feel a lot laggier.

RE: Scope Lag

I think because you're finely adjusting things, you just notice the general game lag more. What's your FPS before and during scopes? Mine actually increases with scopes up, yet they feel a lot laggier.

I can play single player on ultra settings with no framerate loss/stutters whatsoever. Its a well known fact that the game actually under utilizes cpu/gpu in multiplayer for some reason, which I've witnessed myself via resource monitor and nvidia inspector.

These finite tweaks are only necessary for online play.

Sent from my iPhone

If you get the message in the screenshot, I don't think there is anything wrong with your PC as I regularly get this message too. Also I have the same problem with mouse clicking not working (if is that what you mean with "taskbar and windows become unresponsive") after I exit Arma3.

http://i.imgur.com/aETPj0J.png

Quick PC specs: i7 3930k@4.7GHz, 16GB RAM, 2*GTX 680 4GB, SSD,....

This can be annoying but is easily solved...Right click on the arma3.exe file and choose the compatibility tab---check the boxes for 'disable visual themes" and "disable desktop composition" as well as "run this program as administrator" for good measure and you will likely never see this popup again. Winblows will turn off aero when starting game and turn it back on when you quit out.

This can be annoying but is easily solved...Right click on the arma3.exe file and choose the compatibility tab---check the boxes for 'disable visual themes" and "disable desktop composition" as well as "run this program as administrator" for good measure and you will likely never see this popup again. Winblows will turn off aero when starting game and turn it back on when you quit out.

Yep it's all about the Aero and the warning can be legit. Like I said in the first page Aero dropped 10fps from me.