Sign in to follow this  
bazacop

trying to put troops in a helli

guys im trying well messing about trying to learn to be honest lol

basically im trying to make a mission which starts out at see in a helli is there any way in the editor where I can fill it with troops either for a landing or even a para jump cant seem to find how to do it bare in mind im trying to learn :)

im not sure wat im doing wrong here I have watched the vids about loading troops on heli but when I try it they don't spawn in the heli also I keep getting this come up when I do the same text as in the vids btw I have name the helicopter, helicopter

is8o.jpg

can anyone help pls

Edited by bazacop

No, you do not have to put unit's name in quotes.

Don't know why is happening this, try naming the chopper with just "heli", maybe "helicopter" is a game's reserved expression....

Edited by barbolani

Yes, try to avoid reserved words such as helicopter, tank etc.

guys I have tried changing names etc but im still getting the samething im gunna try same thing on the other map and see wat happens

---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

nope same thing keeps asking me to do this. this ;movincargo ;heli named helicopter heli :) in the vids it shows it as this, bare in mind that the vids are the alpha version but any way.. this movincargo heli tried that tells me to do as above.. I have also tried this;movincargo;heli

not sure wat to do now

Bazacop, perform these steps:

1) Place a helicopter in the editor. For the sake of this tutorial, we will use the Ghosthawk. It does not need to be flying. Give this helicopter the name helo1.

2) Place a rifleman in the editor. Since we are using the Ghosthawk helicopter, lets use a NATO rifleman. Ungroup him from the helicopter if he is placed grouped.

3) In the rifleman's initilization pane type (or copy and paste) the following: this moveInCargo helo1;

4) Preview your mission, and the soldier should now reside in the passenger compartment aboard the Ghosthawk.

Bashkire.

your right sorry guys, now how do I feel :o

thanks guys tho

think I need glass's :blush:

Another thing to bare in mind: the ";" means the end of a statement. Think of it as a full stop (period, if you're American) for scripting.

What you were saying when you were typing in "this ;movincargo ;heli" was essentially:

Soldier.

Put something in the cargo space.

This is the name of the helicopter.

Rather than:

Put this soldier, into the cargo area, of the helicopter named heli.

Glad it's fixed now!

Bashkire.