Sign in to follow this  
meatball

No rag doll on dedicated server?

Anyone ever noticed in a game that the rag doll on enemy AI just stops working when a mission is hosted on a dedicated server? As in, you shoot them and they drop prone/flat without any 'rag doll' tumbling type effects? I've been finding that happening in some of my tests, and it only happens if I host the mission on a dedicated server. If I host the game locally, the rag doll animation works fine.

I have noticed this before. I wish this ragdoll stuff was never put into the game. For me personally, there hasn't been one "omg look how cool" moment from any of this new physics stuff.

Well, at least it's not just me. :) Just to see if it has anything to do with any of the scripts, what ones have you been using when you've seen it? I generally use BTC revive and spunFin's AI Spawn Script Pack as the main ones. I don't see how it can be a scripting issue though since it works without a problem when locally hosted. Maybe something with the way A3 handles informing clients of AI death when on a dedicated server?

Edited by Meatball

I can't remember specifically tbh. I do remember killing units and them falling flat instantly, without any animation. I thought it was very weird. I've not noticed it again, but can concur with you.