Sign in to follow this  
2LT Miller

Need help to respawn on LPD-29 and Nimitz

My mission is based on a invasion on Altis with the LPD-29 from ArmA 2 and the USS Nimitz. No problem with spawning on the ship or the carrier, but when i respawn it allways gets me down at the bottom of the ocean. Ive tried numerous of things, first of them was to search around on the forums here, finding 2-3 year old scripts that do not work anymore. Then i tried to work it out with a trigger to a object in a specific height and it did not work either. I have also tried to make an respawn in a vehicle based on the carrier, but it allways blow up, like if there was an collision.

My goal is to have BTC revive script added to the mission and make two respawns. One on the LPD-29 with a height of 14 meters and one respawn at the USS Nimitz with a height of 18 meters.

Is there anyone that can help me? I have been searching around on this and many other forums for hours, and have not found anything relating to my problem.

Edited by Miller89

For the Nimitz, if you sync your respawned unit manually to either ttt_fnc_syncOnShip or ttt_fnc_syncSimple you can specify a height above sea level and the unit will appear there:

[_unit, 17.5] call TTT_fnc_syncOnShip

or

[_unit, 17.5] call TTT_fnc_syncSimple

The difference between the two is that syncOnShip merely places the unit at the given height ASL, while syncSimple synchronizes the unit to other Nimitz related modules as well (Boat and Repair for man, tailhook, catapult, fuel, IFLOLS for air vehicles, towing for any class defined there - UGV and F/A-18 currently).

It depends on your respawn script where to place one of those lines, I guess.

Thank you very much for fast answer. But im not a scripting guru here, so i need more guidance on how to get it to work?

Tried to make set an setPosASL on the respawn-module, but it did not work either. Is there anyone that have i guide on how to make these respawns i want with the BTC revive script?

You have to run the setPosASL in a script that executes every time the players respawns. Or something like that.

Probably it's sufficient to add the correct setPosASL to a respawn eventhandler, see here for details:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#Respawn

Without testing, here a simple sample, modified slightly from http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addEventHandler

player addEventHandler ["respawn", {hint "adjusting height"; [player, 17.5] call TTT_fnc_syncOnShip}];

Use the second example with 'this' instead of player if you want to put it in a units init line.

Tried it with BTC revive script and still no luck. BTC revive use the respawn_west marker, and i can not sync it. How do i solve that problem?

You have to run the setPosASL in a script that executes every time the players respawns. Or something like that.

Yea that is the difficult part, since its going to work with BTC revive.

Probably it's sufficient to add the correct setPosASL to a respawn eventhandler, see here for details:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#Respawn

Without testing, here a simple sample, modified slightly from http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addEventHandler

player addEventHandler ["respawn", {hint "adjusting height"; [player, 17.5] call TTT_fnc_syncOnShip}];

Use the second example with 'this' instead of player if you want to put it in a units init line.

Thx for it, but it dont work. Problem with it is that it wont work with BTC revive script, something i need it too.

Put a trigger around the respawn area, BLUFOR PRESENT REPEATEDLY:

Condition:

(player in thislist) && ((getPosASL player select 2) < 5)

onAct:

player setPosASL [getPosASL player select 0, getPosASL player select 1, 18];

I had a similar issue, someone made this solution for me, its always worked for me