Sign in to follow this  
sproyd

Launching User Missions straight from Steam

I think it would be great to be able to launch user made missions straight from Steam.

So you find your mission, click Play and A3.exe launches straight into the mission/briefing. Then once you are finished you are dumped back to the mission page in Steam back in Windows.

Maybe I'm lazy but having to subscribe to a mission, launch Arma 3, click SP, Scenarios, wait for the scenarios to all download, try and find the one you just subscribed to and by now I have A LOT (usually alt-tabbing because I forgot the name)...

This would be great. I'm not asking for a complex in-browser situation like BattleLog but BIS/Valve could definitely take a leaf out of their book because its a super-convenient and subversive way of doing things.

Open discussion commence!

Yeh, I just think you're lazy ;)

Personally I'm fine with how it is now. If I am downloading a mission, most likely I'm planning on playing that mission, so having Arma open is not a big deal to me.

In saying that, I always browse the workshop through the game, not through Steam itself.

Yeah, you can do it in-game already. Easy.

But having to download\update your mission list EVERYTIME is a major flaw\bug\design overview.