Sign in to follow this  
Enrico

AA Batterie-Radar e Chopper

I do not understand the reason for the absence of the AA batteries,again, also in ArmA III.

Every time that some rookie gets in relax position to 4000 meters from the taget with the his fly mowing grass (Chopper Fight),can remaps the island undisturbed by any enemy interception over 2000 mt., and also if you are lucky to lock it..after whit 3-4 flares...you will be hit again from that unstoppable playmobil toy.

Something like that could be enough standard in 2035 year:

http://cogitoergo.it/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/zaragoza08_120.jpg (270 kB)

SPADA 2000

Ground based air defence missile system

• ASPIDE 2000 missile

• Area intercept coverage well

over 20 km radius

• Well proven in all weather conditions

and ECM environments

• Possibility to integrate other

lightweight anti-air weapons

Enhanced all weather air defence system for the protection of extended vital

assets on the territory (air bases, ports, industrial plants, main buildings).

With the use of the powerful ASPIDE 2000 semi-active missiles, the intercept

coverage of the System is well in excess of 20 km in all directions, thus preventing

launching air platforms from releasing their airborne ordnance and PGMs at

shorter range.

The reference system configuration consists of:

• A Detection Centre, for tactical operational control

• 2 Firing Sections (expandable to 4)

• 1 or 2 Missile Launcher(s) per Firing Section

The Detection Centre embodies the Search and Interrogation Radar and the

Operational Centre into a single shelter.

The Firing Section is based upon the Fire Control Centre (including the Tracking

and illumination Radar and the Control Unit) and the Missile Launchers, each

with 6 ready-to-fire missiles.

Both the Detection Centre and the Firing Sections can be deployed around the

defended object, up to 10 km relative range, to maximise the air defence in

accordance with the required protection level.

Easy to relocate by truck, train or by aircraft (C130 fully compatible), the system

can integrate and co-ordinate additional VSHORADS and anti-air artilleries

(up to 10) deployed within a 10 km range from the Detection Centre.

In addition, it can be connected to a higher-level Air Defence Centre.

The System is in service in Spain and Italy.

System architecture

• High degree of modularity and flexibility

Radar coverage

• In excess of 45 km

Missile intercept coverage

• In excess of 20 km

Engagement capability

• Up to 4 simultaneous engagements; more than twelve engagements

per sequence

Co-ordination capability

• Up to 10 small anti-air weapons

•Air transportable

Additional features

• Provision for integration with the National Air Defence centres

• Built in 'simulation programme for operators' training

• Mission planning capability

NAME

• SPADA 2000

MISSILE CHARACTERISTICS

• Weight: 240 kg

• Length: 3.70 m

• Diameter: 0.20 m

• Speed: High supersonic

Edited by Enrico

Need a proper chaff and flare simulation first. Along with a proper radar simulation.

Need a proper chaff and flare simulation first. Along with a proper radar simulation.

Nice!

Before you wont give, still ,more chance to survive to the Choppers Fighters,whit a correct chaff-flare and radar, and just later, the AA System......Fantastic!..LOL

...and what do you think that we must to do between the frist fix and the second one addon?...Play to DCS Black Shark?..Como on!

;)

Edited by Enrico

Nice!

Before you wont give, still ,more chance to survive to the Choppers Fighters,whit a correct chaff-flare and radar, and just later, the AA System......Fantastic!..LOL

...and what do you think that we must to do between the frist fix and the second one addon?...Play to DCS Black Shark?..Como on!

;)

I would, but the last time I tried DCS or Falcon BMS I said screw it, I'm coming back to ArmA.

Edited by steamtex

I would, but the last time I tried I said screw it, I'm coming back to ArmA.

DCS Black Shark it's a great game,i come from to fly sim after 10 years,for that reason,i repeat,that it's silly and out of place a Chopper fighter Arcade without a right AA System in ArmA III.

ArmA it's sim game infantry...so..welcome every Veicols-Tanks-Choppers-Planes,but just for fun and to accompany the mission to the victory...but just accompany,or we risk to unbalanced the real spirit, about this title, to the hundreds FPS where the Kingdom of Caos is a must!

:war:

Edited by Enrico

Agreed. And also i think we need much more powerful Titan compacts - 3-4 hits on tank to kill makes it useless. In real life tank armor evolution run next to at misiles evo

Something like SLAMRAAM/NASAMS would be really neat to have in arma scenario. I wouldn't mind to have reduced operational range because of tiny island we have, but dedicated SAMs would be really good to see. In my opinion fully simulating SAMs would just be silly and totally destroy game balance, because lets be real lack proper of optics/view distance in jets/helicopters really make huge disadvantage.

And speaking of BS2 it lacks radar/missile warning system. But of course modernized version (not the game one) have these.

They barely implemented a "flight model" for the choppers let alone create the radar/ir environment for the standoff battles required. No doubt this would be a great addition to immersion but at what cost?

You can't put anti air batteries in this engine yet.

It would mean the player should use the AG rdr and anti radiation missiles to counter them (more stuff to code and test).

I think it's well beyond the capabilities of the engine at this stage and the DEVs are already overstretched enough.

There's a lot more than just the battery and the 3d models required. What about the AI who should use it... the instruments required in the helo/airplanes (anti radiation doesn't use video/ir tracking). We don't have an ECM system... I mean... seriously, there's about 348273 steps to take before air-air and land-air battles can be implemented.