Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Reizka

JIP brokes missions

We are having problems with JIP and commands given in unit initialization for playable characters.

- If player joins server (jip), unit initialization commands are rerun with each player character (if they have something in their unit init field).

- Group leaders get changed if you have SetGroupID command in unit init (or something). This error occured when we were playing and A3 crashed on one player, he then rejoined and one of the riflemans in the squad all the sudden became the group leader.

- Other players seems to get their ammo again if set in unit init, if players are joinin in progress.

- If you change uniform for a character, he will loose his uniform and appear half naked if JIP.

I am having the same problem. Every time someone JIPs into my mission, any code that is placed in a players init field is executed again.

For example if I put in a players init field

this addMagazines "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag";

When you first start up the mission this works fine. Now if someone JIPs in anyone with the above code gets an extra magazine.

This problem can be solved by creating "loadout.sqf" which is (obviously) adds stuff to all units/vehicles and calling that script from init.sqf inside if(isServer) code block, so it runs only once upon mission start. Don't know how this workaround would work on dedicated servers however.

Edited by Semiconductor

You can run init only on the client having the init :

if (player==this) then {this addMagazines "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag";};

More JIP weirdness is found when customizing weapon crates. The stuff in 'em dont seem to sync up.

I'm working on a mission where you are to work on limited gear, but if some late bloomer shows up late to the game, he does not see the same stuff in the crates as the players who were there from the get go.

Any ideas how to work around this? Like if I place 2 weapons and 10 mags into a crate, how do I make sure the JIP player will have the same exact ammount of stuff in the crate than the players who started the mission? Meaning if they leave 1 weapon and 3 mags left in the crate, JIP player will see exactly that.

Because I just ran a quick test where I had few weapons in a crate and my friend JIP that session, and he could not see any of the custom stuff I put into the crate until I took em out and put them back. He also saw some stanag mags in the crate that were removed from the crate with the clearmagazinecargo command!

I hate JIP issues!