Sign in to follow this  
nierop

Macro's assigned to keys...

First of all i tried a search of the forum about this topic and nothing usefull came up. So dont start flaming if this has been dealt with before; I tried searching but not everybody is as good as you, unknown flamer, in formulating searches.

So why my post?

Recently, I started using my joystick for flying heli's and stoped using the autohover function. I can tell you, you'll make a better pilot when you learn to fly this way. So, everything fine you'll say. But no, another problem I found was now that it is impossible to make an exact parachute drop from low altitude (required for CTF and C&H missions). I have to take my (clumsy left) hand from the gashandle and scroll down the option list to select "eject" and go out.

This is way too difficult to do accurately. So i was wondering to bind ejecting to a key using a script like in eg Counter Strike?

Anyone knows?

Hi!

I don't think that you can listen the keyboard in scripts..

If someone knows better, please correct me!

Yeah just change the action button in controls to something you find more suitable I dont know if u can bind it to joystick buttons though

I understand that you can bind actions in "controls" option screen to other keys. But is you look carefully you'll notice theres no control-option for 'Eject'.

Ingame ejecting is not performed by pressing one button, but by scrolling in the ingame menu. You see my problem?

Nevertheless thanks for your reply.

Yeah but I think when ur in vehicles eject is always the first in action menu. So just asign it to a button you want and quickly tap it twice when u want to eject

On the other side of the coin, for me it is too easy to accidentally do such things. For some reason, whenever I chat when a command is highlighted on the command menu, it executes the command highlighted in the command menu when I hit enter in chat. This is annoying with "reload magazine" and "weapon binocular," and is devastating with "eject" and "detonate satchel charge."

For example, I am ready to detonate satchel charges, having hit enter once to bring up the menu. Someone asks me something, and I reply "Yes." Upon hitting enter to send my reply, it detonates the charges prematurely. It's most irritating.