Sign in to follow this  
bruhmis

performance has been drastically downgraded (again)

my framerate got cut in half by a recent update and the game is now completely unplayable (wasn't very good before either). every time this happens I keep waiting for it to get fixed but it never does. arma 3 is now an unusable product and bohemia doesn't seem to think performance matters at all. is anyone else getting this after recent updates?

Did you use any startup parameters?

After last devbranch update (the one with the campaing) I had horrible performance. I noticed all my startup parameters were gone. Put them back in and my performance was back to what it used to be.

Hi. I just bought/built a new PC. Not sure what I should be using for the start up parameters.

AMD FX 9370 4.4 - 4.7 ghz (Stock With liquid cooling)

16 gb Ram

nVidia 580 SC GTX

120gb SSD

1tb hd 7200 or 7500 (can't remember what the standard is right now). But its a WD Black Edition

thanks for any help!

Did you use any startup parameters?

After last devbranch update (the one with the campaing) I had horrible performance. I noticed all my startup parameters were gone. Put them back in and my performance was back to what it used to be.

they didn't get erased for me and I've been trying to fix it for 2 days, so I've tried dozens of different variations for the startup parameters. there's definitely something seriously wrong now. not only is the framerate much lower, but the game is much less stable. even if I can manage to get it to give me 60 FPS (has to be in the editor and above the ocean where there's nothing to render) it's extremely stuttery. constantly dropping to 30-40 then back up again instantly.

---------- Post added at 08:04 ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 ----------

Hi. I just bought/built a new PC. Not sure what I should be using for the start up parameters.

AMD FX 9370 4.4 - 4.7 ghz (Stock With liquid cooling)

16 gb Ram

nVidia 580 SC GTX

120gb SSD

1tb hd 7200 or 7500 (can't remember what the standard is right now). But its a WD Black Edition

thanks for any help!

-high -maxVram=? -maxMem=13000 -nologs -cpuCount=8

I'm not sure how much Vram your gpu has so find that out and replace -maxVram=? with -maxVram=(your Vram amount in megabytes)

Check out this if you have extreme freezing/warping/stuttering issues:

Check out this if you have extreme freezing/warping/stuttering issues:

So I need to get ESET Security if I've got these issues? Or is this only for those who are using ESET? And what about those who have these issues and don't have ESET?

The fix and problem Soppa has is around how ESET AV is working, it may also be a solution for other HIPS type AV's so possibly worth a shot if yours looks similar issue wise. The way A3 and A2 etc streams its terrains is why it needs fast disk and memory access so if something is getting in its way and not delivering it back then that would cause possible stutters I guess.

What if you don't have an AV installed or you disable your AV when playing?

What if you don't have an AV installed or you disable your AV when playing?

Well if you dont have AV, then it wont be solution for you.

It would be better to uninstall whole security software and test if your issue is solved.

Because like in ESET Smart Security 7, even you disable antivirus and firewall, this HIPS module is still active (although you can disable it under advanced setup).

And like Thr0tt said, this is only how you can solve issue if you are using ESET.

If you are using other security software, there could be same kind of memory scanning features on, which you need to find out.

Edited by Soppa