Sign in to follow this  
malakdecaen

How to desigate forest surfacetype ??

Hi everybody ,

Sorry by advance for my bad english , so i have a question and i don't find the solution yet .

I want my player get an addaction when he walk in a forest but how can i do that ?

i've try this but that doesn't work :

if (_vehicle == player and ("forest","surfacetype") then {
	player addAction [format["test"], "actions\Wood.sqf",[_unit], 1, false, true, "", ""];
	};

Do you know how can i do for designate if the player are in forest or if player designate a tree ?

Thanks a lot for you'r time.

private["_surface"];
while (alive player) do {
  _surface = surfaceType getPosATL player;
  hintsilent format["%1",_surface];
  sleep 1;
};

Paste that in a function.sqf and execute the script in the init of your player unit with: Handle = execVM "function.sqf";

Now a hint will dispaly the surface every second from where you are.

If you find out the surfaceType of your forest, do a if statement and check for this surface.

private["_surface"];
while {alive player} do {
  sleep 1;
};  

while wants {}

Sry syntacs error.

This should work:

private["_surface"];
while {alive player} do {
  sleep 1;
};

E: ninja'd :o

thanks , now that work i get #gdtStratisforestpine

so if i put this :

if (_vehicle == player and ("gdtStratisforestpine","surfacetype") then {
	player addAction [format["test"], "actions\Wood.sqf",[_unit], 1, false, true, "", ""];
	};

that should be work ?

how can i test this in editor ?

Edited by kakarot

if ((_vehicle == player) && ("gdtStratisforestpine" == surfaceType getPosATL player)) then {
	};

should do the trick

Edited by Na_Palm
missing bracket

If I'm interpreting your question correctly, you want the action to be available when the player is standing on forest terrain and not otherwise. That can be achieved with:

player addAction [format["test"], "actions\Wood.sqf",[_unit], 1, false, true, '(vehicle _this == _this) && (surfaceType getPosATL _this == "gdtStratisforestpine")', ""];

Can't test it ATM, but that should accomplish what you're looking for. For a bit more info on how/why I suggest this, this is using the 8th parameter of addAction (referred to as "condition" on wiki): http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addAction

i've try both but no addaction come , i'm desperate .

Maybe there is another solution to designate forest ? or designate trees ? or if i shout a tree an addaction come ?

Thanks guys for you'r help.

// allowed trees list
_trees = ["t_BroussonetiaP1s_F.p3d","t_FicusB1s_F.p3d","t_FicusB2s_F.p3d","t_FraxinusAV2s_F.p3d","t_OleaE1s_F.p3d","t_OleaE2s_F.p3d","t_PhoenixC1s_F.p3d","t_PhoenixC3s_F.p3d","t_PinusS2s_b_F.p3d","t_PinusS2s_F.p3d","t_poplar2f_dead_F.p3d","t_PopulusN3s_F.p3d","t_QuercusIR2s_F.p3d"];

Edited by kakarot

player addAction [format["test"], "actions\Wood.sqf",[_unit], 1, false, true,"", '(vehicle _this == _this) && (surfaceType getPosATL _this == "gdtStratisforestpine")']; 

Hypnomatic should got it right, only placed the condition in the 7th not the 8th field

i've try this to see if a hint come when i shout a tree but i get an error

private["_trees"];
_trees = ["t_BroussonetiaP1s_F.p3d","t_FicusB1s_F.p3d","t_FicusB2s_F.p3d","t_FraxinusAV2s_F.p3d","t_OleaE1s_F.p3d","t_OleaE2s_F.p3d","t_PhoenixC1s_F.p3d","t_PhoenixC3s_F.p3d","t_PinusS2s_b_F.p3d","t_PinusS2s_F.p3d","t_poplar2f_dead_F.p3d","t_PopulusN3s_F.p3d","t_QuercusIR2s_F.p3d"];

_trees addeventhandler ["hitPart", {hint "hit";}];

Trees have no classnames, because of that you can't add a eventhandler or a action to them.