Sign in to follow this  
Rob

Movie recorders?

Hey guys.....

I was wondering,

How do people Record their ofp scenes into mpg or avi etc?

I even want to know how to use it to copy DVD's, as you can dl whole movies on Kazaa.

This hasn't only been buggin me.

To record movies (from ofp for instance) with decent framerate you need a graphics adapter that can handle both video in and video out. You also need a VCR. Then you record what you see on the screen to the VCR and record back from the VCR to your computer.

DVD ripping is another process. First you extract the data that is on the DVD and then you compress it to a standard format (like DivX). Search for "dvd ripping tools" on google.

thanks dude! smile.gif your a life saver... but i know that people out there have programs that can record from computer onto computer.

Well thats one way of doing it another way is to get a screen capture program that records whatevers on ur screen,not dvds.Theres programs that do the same thing for sound too.

I would think the power of ur hardware and type of program would also affect the quality of the final result.

Camtasias the only one i know offhand http://www.techsmith.com

If anyone else knows other ones then post the links.

Yes please wink.gif must have different opinions

The problem with computer-computer video recording is that you can't get a decent frame rate for games even if you have a killer machine.

i guess my main focus is dvd copying....

But i know that there are a lot of MOD makers out there that need these programs to show off the stuff instead of making people dl missions... bw-mod did this and they had they're own movie made

ok im downloading a program called camtasia but i wont be able to use it properly until my computer is back up and running.. im the only one with a dvd player in the house lol

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rob @ Aug. 24 2002,06:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">thanks dude! smile.gif your a life saver... but i know that people out there have programs that can record from computer onto computer.<span id='postcolor'>

Try looking for freeware at www.tucows.com, but most of the ones I have tried have been crap....

You guys are saints wink.gif

Once i get my computer running i aint wasting any time lol