Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Bell huey to be used as a hair dryer!

So do you people know of any other (ab-)uses of helicopters, other than their designated task?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Aug. 23 2002,18:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So do you people know of any other (ab-)uses of helicopters, other than their designated task?<span id='postcolor'>

Using it to decapitate someone is always fun biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ Aug. 24 2002,03:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Aug. 23 2002,18:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So do you people know of any other (ab-)uses of helicopters, other than their designated task?<span id='postcolor'>

Using it to decapitate someone is always fun biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

eh hem....:angry: wink.gifsmile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ Aug. 24 2002,03:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Aug. 23 2002,18:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So do you people know of any other (ab-)uses of helicopters, other than their designated task?<span id='postcolor'>

Using it to decapitate someone is always fun biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

funny.png

A good friend of mine planted trees one summer. They had to be carried into some areas by helicopter. One of the pilots thought it was terrbily ammusing to cruise around until he spotted a bear. Then he'd hover and chase the bear with his helicopter. He'd drive the bear right into the clearings where the planters were working..then watch them freak out as the bear came roaring through biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Aug. 23 2002,19:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">after that "helicopter head" picture, it isn't....  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

>_< !!! Didnt even think of that, sorry.

By the way, do we know for sure it was done by a helicopter?

Well back in NZ where I lived on the West Coast and go once a year now, around about Febury(Since its Summer there) the Police does something. The West Coast of the South Island of New Zealand has a lot of people who grow and smoke Marajuina. Becuase of this, the Police hire a Huey off the army, and fly over all the hills for a week or so looking for plants hidden in the bush. Its quite cool to sit on the roof and watch this chopper flying down the valley and stopping, sending down a man to recover plants, then pulling him back up again. Since this place is rural, I had to take a school bus to school. I can remember passing by the Rugby field that the Police had set up as their refueling point and offloading place, and the cargo bay of the Huey was stacked to the roof with green plants tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Aug. 24 2002,03:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So do you people know of any other (ab-)uses of helicopters, other than their designated task?<span id='postcolor'>

From now on, Hueys should only be used for intros for Vietnam movies, and even then they must be accompanied, by "Unfortunate Son" or a suitably rocking Jimi Hendrix song.

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Aug. 24 2002,06:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Aug. 24 2002,03:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So do you people know of any other (ab-)uses of helicopters, other than their designated task?<span id='postcolor'>

From now on, Hueys should only be used for intros for Vietnam movies, and even then they must be accompanied, by "Unfortunate Son" or a suitably rocking Jimi Hendrix song.

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Or "Paint it Black" or even perhaps "Satisfaction" smile.gif

Purple haze, all in my brain. Regular things, they dont seem the same. Actin' funny, and i dont know why...S'cuse me while i kiss the sky!

oh yeah, almost forgot. Hueys may also be used in a more flexible role other than intros/outros, so long as 'Ride of the Valkyries' is cranked to 11

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Aug. 23 2002,20:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well back in NZ where I lived on the West Coast and go once a year now, around about Febury(Since its Summer there) the Police does something. The West Coast of the South Island of New Zealand has a lot of people who grow and smoke Marajuina. Becuase of this, the Police hire a Huey off the army, and fly over all the hills for a week or so looking for plants hidden in the bush. Its quite cool to sit on the roof and watch this chopper flying down the valley and stopping, sending down a man to recover plants, then pulling him back up again. Since this place is rural, I had to take a school bus to school. I can remember passing by the Rugby field that the Police had set up as their refueling point and offloading place, and the cargo bay of the Huey was stacked to the roof with green plants tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

We get that too, quite a lot actually. The people growing the stuff use the National Forests in Southern California and illegal aliens from South America to grow it -- they have privacy, and anyone here illegaly isn't likely to turn them in, and will gladly work for cash.

The growers set up sophisticated irrigation systems, sometimes with miles of hoses, feeding water from streams to the plants. Occasionally, hikers get shot at when they accidentally stumble across one of these operations.

A few days ago, the authorities found one growing 8,000 to 10,000 plants. They were cut down by hand, and then they too were hauled out using helicopters, which took two days. The story can be found here.

We dont exctly have Marajuina plantations with miles of hoses and irriguation in NZ........

To save Paratrooper the trouble, yes, Helen Clark has screwed with our military forces, and now NZ dosnt even really have an Air Force. We dont have the $ to go buy ourselves some Black hawks, so we have to settle for Hueys, which are cool choppers, but getting a little old sad.gif

And dont forget movies that have 'This is the End' at the start of them tounge.gif

Hueys and Napalm, almost like Tex's tag! wink.gif

Cant go wrong with birds and 'palm.

Out of curiosity, what would the NZ military defend against? I mean, I know that the Aussies can get pretty worked up over a rugby match, but cmon now smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ Aug. 24 2002,07:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Purple haze, all in my brain. Regular things, they dont seem the same. Actin' funny, and i dont know why...S'cuse me while i kiss the sky!<span id='postcolor'>

It's actually 'lately things' smile.gif

I am a Jimi expert.

Hey, Hendrix covered 'All Along the Watchtower', right? Or did he write it?

Edit: and with this post, I now own the front page of Offtopic smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Aug. 24 2002,10:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, Hendrix covered 'All Along the Watchtower', right? Or did he write it?

Edit: and with this post, I now own the front page of Offtopic smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It was a cover.

Bob Dylan wrote it.

Hendrix is amazing.

Once a proper Vietnam island and a propre Vietnam pack have been released, prepare to experience some really cool movies with Huey's, Hendrix and Ride of the Valkieries biggrin.gif

Well once apon a time, an illegal fishing boat came into New Zealand waters, you we sent out some SkyHawks to fire tracers over their bow! smile.gif  tounge.gif  wow.gif

We couldnt really defend against a rusty hulk full of drunk sailors, but we can be 'errand boys' Running around the world to dleiver death under the orders of someone else, and dont dis our SAS!

Since you all know Im an Apocalypse Now fan(got my copy of Redux on DVD yesterday!)I'll go for the decent Nam pack with all the works. Dont forget Wagner! tounge.gif

"Gunner, target innocent Villager at 11'oclock!"

"Weapon, Napalm!"

"I fried him!"

"2,3,4,5,6, equip, surfboards!"

lets trade in our Black Hawks and go tear-arsing around 'Nam looking for the shit!