Sign in to follow this  
zulu1

Editing Technique (objects)

There are a couple of things that I've seen done in multiplayer missions that I don't understand why it was done.

1. Empty static objects placed on the map like a fence or shed. Then I guess the mission.sqm was edited to change these objects to a unit type east/west/civilian. Why?

2. Empty static objects grouped together. Again I can't see why you would do this?

Does any one know?

Thanks

hi,

There are a couple of things that I've seen done in multiplayer missions that I don't understand why it was done.

1. Empty static objects placed on the map like a fence or shed. Then I guess the mission.sqm was edited to change these objects to a unit type east/west/civilian. Why?

2. Empty static objects grouped together. Again I can't see why you would do this?

Does any one know?

Thanks

IMHO, it is to bypass the maximum objects number. It is not possible to group empty objects then if you want to place a lot of objects you will reach the maximum real quick (it was possible to group objects in earlier ofp versions, at least v1.00) so the mission maker change them to units to be able to group them and then bypass the object number limitation. That's just a guess it could be something else.

cya.

Nikiller.

Thanks Niki,

This makes sense.