Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Cutscene starting through activated trigger

Basically, this cutscene starts showing as soon as a certain trigger is activated.

What I am looking for, either through the editor or through changing my script, is for a command (or something similar) to prevent the trigger getting activated if the player is in a vehicle. Once he steps out of that vehicle, then I want the trigger to get activated.

The player's vehicle was empty.

Any ideas on how to do that?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">not player in yourVehicle<span id='postcolor'>

Add this to your condition!

Another solution would be:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">vehicle player == player<span id='postcolor'>

That works with any vehicle. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bigpoppa @ Aug. 23 2002,17:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">not player in yourVehicle<span id='postcolor'>

Add this to your condition!

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Does that mean I have to specify the command for all vehicles available on the map? There are five or six vehicles all over the map, they are ALL empty. If the player wants, he can walk!! biggrin.gif

Isn't there a command to specify any vehicle?

I have a feeling I'm about to be taught arrays...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bigpoppa @ Aug. 23 2002,17:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Another solution would be:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">vehicle player == player<span id='postcolor'>

That works with any vehicle.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I don't understand this. Is this like a for-loop checking whether the player is in a vehicle or not?

If I use this, then I put </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this&& vehicle player==player<span id='postcolor'>, correct?

I modified my first post, but you missed it wink.gif

The other solution is

If the player is in no vehicle, then the vehicle command returns the unit itself, in this case the player. This should work with any vehicle!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bigpoppa @ Aug. 23 2002,17:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I modified my first post, but you missed it  wink.gif

The other solution is

If the player is in no vehicle, then the vehicle command returns the unit itself, in this case the player. This should work with any vehicle!<span id='postcolor'>

Stop posting at the same time as me tounge.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Aug. 23 2002,17:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I use this, then I put </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this&& vehicle player==player<span id='postcolor'>, correct?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, that should be right!