Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

Question about Comparments in Planes

What is the expected behavior for compartments in planes? Doing this for the Tu-95 config... there are 2 gunner seats, 3 cargo, and of course the pilot.

Per the Biki, compartments allow seat switching between turrets:

"Only units sharing a compartment can switch seats"

In following the BIS configs, I put all the seats in Compartment1 like so:

driverCompartments = "Compartment1";

gunnerCompartments= "Compartment1"

cargoCompartments[] = {"Compartment1"};

As Pilot, I seem to be able to move to the gunner seat no problem. However I cannot switch BACK to the pilot seat. Is this simply a limitation of the Plane config or is there a trick to allowing movement between pilot and gunner seats?

i always assumed it to be heirarchy thing , that Pilot is higher so oncce you go gunner he becomes commander and cant switchback

that is pure guess tho so dont quote me ,. just was my interpretaion

No the hierarchy is managed via the proxyindex value. Compartments is how you configure the driver / gunner / commander / cargo to be able to switch positions (like being in a tank). The issue I'm observing is that once you switch away from the Driver seat, you cannot move back into it. The switch is a one-way move. Ditto for cargo seat - once you move to the Cargo position, you can't move back.

well i meant in terms of ownership of the vehicle Rank , i recall you maybe F1 but when swithching there becomes 2 * F1 because you are leader group but pilot leader vehicle .

anyway thats my old guess work :)

there was another parmater i forget that said if cargoseat was swappable cant remember it now cargoseat or copilot or something {1,2,1,2} and array was switchable or not

also i saw this

class Seats

{

displayName = "Switching Seats";

description = "While in a vehicle, you can change your seat and role:%1%2Open the action menu %11.%1%2Select a different position.%1Usually you can choose from driver, commander and gunner. When in a vehicle, remember to use the optics %12. They differ for each role and can provide a***significant advantage.";

tip = "Some positions might not be available in certain vehicles. Switching is not available while in the air or in similar conditions.";