Sign in to follow this  
marker

Finding Max Bullet Range From Config : Possible?

Just wondering if it is somehow possible to pull out and display the max bullet range?

For example, the B_408_Ball round from the 7Rnd_408_Mag which is used by the M320 LRR .408. Looking through the config file for the 408 there is nothing that displays the max distance for the round..

Config file here..

http://browser.six-projects.net/cfg_ammo/B_408_Ball/config?version=72

Cheers

There actually really isn't a max distance, the max distance is actually just calculated by the velocity and angle of it's point of origin, bullets like the 408 don't really have a max range. You can actually shoot from one end of Altis to the other if angled properly.

Bullets have a definite time to live. Check the timetolive one level up of that config.

Thanks guys

So, correct me if I am wrong..

timetolive = 6; (I presume seconds)!

typicalspeed = 910; (I presume metres per second)!

Which would be 6 x 910 = 5460 mtrs, obviously the accurate distance would be shorter. Is there anywhere I could see that in the config. I was hoping maybe visibletime was somehow involved.

Thanks

I don't think it is Tinter, or hopefully it shouldn't be..

Bullets have a definite time to live. Check the timetolive one level up of that config.

That actually does something? I fooled around with Bullet cam awhile back and never found that option to be effective in any calibers class. It just seemed to go on till it lost it's velocity.

Is the speed constant?

They eventually drop in velocity.

A good way to test is to use Bullet cam.

That actually does something? I fooled around with Bullet cam awhile back and never found that option to be effective in any calibers class. It just seemed to go on till it lost it's velocity.

There was talk about ammo types the other day and the Devs were saying how 5.56 doesn't live long enough to travel 2300m or something and they talked about the time to live value, but I couldn't find that thread last night.

There was talk about ammo types the other day and the Devs were saying how 5.56 doesn't live long enough to travel 2300m or something and they talked about the time to live value, but I couldn't find that thread last night.

Here you go:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152866-Development-branch-discussion&p=2512948&viewfull=1#post2512948

It's nice to answer something for you for a change Kylania! :)

I believe 6.5mm bullet won't even "live" long enough to reach 2300 meters, but well...

Well unless they changed it that statement is false...

I sniped people with bullet cam 4km away with a MX SW...

Oh well maybe it's all been changed since I last tested but in my opinion I doubt. Nether the less always good information to be shared.

I suppose if you wanted to calculate the maximum distance you could calculate the starting velocity or typicalspeed against the timetolive along with the bullet drop (wherever that may linger) and could get an accurate maximum range but the dirty way I would suppose marker has already got that :P

Edited by Tonic-_-