Sign in to follow this  
Sc0rc3d

Independants chase Player (+Disconnect question)

Hi Guys,

i work on a mission in the resistance Faction should pursue a group of players in Coop (Ded-Multiplayer).

First of all i set in the Advanced Intel in the Mission-Editor the Independant friedly to Opfor then i placed three Ind. Soldiers

and give them weapons and other stuff and a car (Civilian Offroad-Truck). Group leaders name: 'spotter1'.

The Group leader has two Waypoint the first is a "move" (Fire at will, speed: full, Carless) for a trigger to call them on an event i have chosen. (works great)

The second Waypoint is a "get in" into the Civ car with an '_chase = this execVM "chase.sqf";' (works great to)

chase.sqf

[] spawn {
 while {alive spotter} do 

{
                     spotter move getpos s1;
                     hint "GPS Update"; 
                     sleep (random 240);
                 };
            };

My problem is that the nice Ind. Soldiers go to my position but they don't shot at me at all. :butbut:

Maybee i need some more tricky stuff for that. Hope some one can help me out. :D

And I have one more Question if I may...

I know it from Arma2 there we use on our 'Muliplayer Missions' an Addon/Script(?) that if somebody has a Disconnect

and he comes back he is back on his old position with his equip where he has the disconect. Is something like that 'easy'

possible for Arma 3 too?

cheers

Sc0rc3d

So why did you make resistance friendly to your side if you want them to shoot you?

Alternately you could use "addRating -10000" on each of your players, which would effectively make EVERYONE hate them.

Probably the easiest way to keep your position is by having AI enabled, so that when you disconnect, your soldier stays in the game (controlled by AI).

Other solutions include detecting reconnects and loading saved variables for position and so on... quite a bit complex.

...use "addRating -10000"... ...having AI enabled...

I see a slight problem there. :)

So okay -.-

But now I'm just as smart as at the beginning i think. :D

...Independant friedly to Opfor

First question: are the players blufor?

The Group leader has two Waypoint the first is a "move" (Fire at will, speed: full, Carless

Second question: did you change their behaviour after that..? Careless means they will not engage.

Hi Gekkibi and thanks for your answer. :)

1) Yes the human players are the bluefor they attack the opfor and the resistance is the third party in this case the police and they should attack bluefor.

2) No after this two waypoints is nothing just the "_chase = this execVM "chase.sqf" in the second waypoint (get in).

Ahh ok Careless means in that case they they should not attack i think thats my fault. :(

thanks that. ;)

I recommend you use "SAFE". They will use vehicle lights, will drive on the road, will not bound from cover to cover, will not go prone etc. They will adjust their behaviour if the situation changes. Careless is meant for cutscenes etc.

Glad to help. :)

works great thanks. sometimes it's easier than you thought. :)

Now the only question remains regarding the disconnects. Complex does not sound impossible. :D

I'd use what Tajin said earlier:

Probably the easiest way to keep your position is by having AI enabled, so that when you disconnect, your soldier stays in the game (controlled by AI).

That means in the init.sqf i change enableSaving [false,false]; in enableSaving true,true]; and in the description.ext i change disabledAI=1; in disabledAI=0;? :)