Sign in to follow this  
EBass

Combined efforts!

I've just noticed something, there are millions and millions of mods out there, all of the same thing! Im not saying lets all orginize all mods Soviet style and tell everyone of what were making but it has struck me how much time we could be saving. I mean the new WW2 packs are IMHO pretty nearly perfect, but Im prepared to bet that the invasion 1944 team will delay the release by a few months by making their own (unless they made em and then released em, I dont really know but anyway) but if they just asked "Can we use these?" I bet the maker would say yes, the release date would be earlier and everyones happy! If we just combined mods to make ultimate packs too rather than having to download everything seperatly, "Well I like that skin but I think his SA80 moddelings pretty poor so Im going to have to take this SA80 and give him no weapons and give him this thing in the annoying init line." So much could be made superior and faster in this way so Comrades! let us work together!

hhahaha good one. Just one thing though that has been sooo obvious with any games mod creators, is that the creators themselves are to greedy to actually do something like this. Hell, i'd be also. You spend hours upon hours on one unit, then have it thrown into a big pack, with all the credit you get is in a huge list of names.

if the reallity was so simple, marx and engels would have been right and the soviet union would still exist

Any person who could make get the entire mod/addon making community to work together woul henceforth be known as god.

It probably requires one group, (eg Ballistic), to just stamp an approval on mods. If they are respected as only approving really good mod-work, then hopefully all addons would be submitted for approval.

It would take a while but it might catch on.