Sign in to follow this  
Sheepdog

Update the Inventory menu please?

I have a question regarding the current inventory system and want to know if it's going to be reviesed.. Currently if you access someone's gear you've killed you get thier inventory but cannot see specific items (weapon sights, magazines etc.) this leave's you with the only option to grab their weapon or their uniform to access thier equipment. To me this is rediculous and needs to be fixed.

The other thing, which I am sure has been asked, is vehicle inventorys. I would like to see it added so that players who are not driving can access their inventory while in a vehicle since this makes sense to me. <--- Just read this might be fixed?

Yes, I totally agree with that. However, it IS possible to access dead soldier's inventory by moving around them until the "hand grab" icon is replaced with the normal "inventory access icon". It's often quite hard though, and I also sometimes have to grab their rifle before I can access their inventory.

BI, the system shouldn't default to grab rifle. That's rarely the action you want.

It is also very annoying that a container window switches to the first position after you've dragged something out of it into your inventory. When there are more items types in the container than the container window can display and you want to take out more than one magazine of a type (for which you have to scroll down), after each single magazine you have to click your weapon again to highlight the appropriate magazine and then scroll down again. Very inconvenient.

Further, the should be more tabs for filtering stuff in a container:

* weapons

* magazines

* throwables

* mines

* uniforms

* helmets/hats

* vests

* backpacks

* little stuff (watches, NVG, goggles etc.)

It is also very annoying that a container window switches to the first position after you've dragged something out of it into your inventory. When there are more items types in the container than the container window can display and you want to take out more than one magazine of a type (for which you have to scroll down), after each single magazine you have to click your weapon again to highlight the appropriate magazine and then scroll down again. Very inconvenient.

This is now fixed. I think today's patch did it.