Sign in to follow this  
Digital_Aura

Helicopter - Auto Targeting?

I was playing the Gunships Showcase and noticed (after several attempts) that I could put the gunner under my own control even as the pilot (MANUAL MODE)... and that was great because my guns were auto targeting the closest enemy boats and choppers. I just had to maintain the proper orientation and press the FIRE button to take out the various enemies. But then a new task (to take out the enemy behind their own lines) meant I needed to reacquire new ground targets. But now my guns were all just firing down the bore.

How do you LOCK a target? And ... does TAB let you cycle targets? Any firing information would be helpful regarding the Gunship. I actually haven't found too much good information on the Gunships.

So what button to acquire (bring up the red box around) a target?

And what button to cycle between targets? (assuming you can have multiple targets)

You can also press 2 and manually select a target from there. (You can even lock onto friendlies with that menu)

I looked through the Field Manual too, but I see nothing on acquiring or locking targets (at least from a helicopter or vehicle). The configuration for controls has a lock which I thought was for launchers (right mouse click).

I'll try pressing 2... haven't played much with the command menus yet.

edit: wait! Thats my problem... how do you establish an enemy when he's plainly in your line of sight and yet doesn't show up in the menu when you press 2