Sign in to follow this  
OutKastReaVer

Arma 3 mission editing , player and vehicle teleport to a certain height.

Hello can someone please help?

There is a concrete platform where i want to move the player and suv but i cant figure out the right on act code.

Im having trouble making my the player who is in an suv teleport to a height of 700m in the mission editor by use of a trigger.

Thanks

Get your unit where you need him in the editor using elevation then put

copytoclipboard str (getposasl player)

in to your units init, that will get you the coords you need on your clipboard then just

this setposasl PASTE WHAT YOU COPIED TO CLIPBOARD HERE

in your units ini.

thanks for the reply , i think ive described what i need wrong , i have a player in an suv already up on the platform they spawn there ,if they die they will spawn back on the ground next to another suv and i want them to go into a trigger in the suv which will take them back up to the platform , if i set the trigger up directly underneath the platform i need the trigger to set the player and vehicle height at the 700m altitude mark , sorry about that.

so do the same but put the second bit in the trigger activation and instead of this put your player name, not sure if that will spawn you AND your car up there but worth a try

Thanks it worked all i had to do was change the start to : vehicle player setposasl [24598.7,19302.3,705] , and that teleported the player and the suv up to the top do you know how i can change the direction of the player?

---------- Post added at 22:31 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

nevermind i think ive got it thanks alot i can finally publish my map now!